Improved Weekly / Daily recording algorithm (1 Viewer)

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    Hi , dunno why i totally missed this post before...
    DVDFreak , your changes were tested today , directly in svn, so that i saw them and could reach this thread . Unfortunatly , these changes broke many things, at least in Conflicts Manager.
    Conflicts Manager plugin is not a part of the scheduler and i think you may misunderstood its final aim , regarding to the changes you made.
    Of course i find the idea pretty good to record 'around' and also make a more flexible title comparison. However , 'as it' your actual source breaks what conflicts manager does , and must do.
    Now that i read this thread ( fastly i must reckon ) , i will give it a bit more attention and will look further into the code you submitted. The changes then commited by and-81 were reverted, for now. But i'll look at them again and will look why they broke things. In any cases , i'm pretty sure there are some very interesting ideas that we shouldn't miss.
    Cya soon.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi , dunno why i totally missed this post before...
    DVDFreak , your changes were tested today , directly in svn, so that i saw them and could reach this thread . Unfortunatly , these changes broke many things, at least in Conflicts Manager.
    Conflicts Manager plugin is not a part of the scheduler and i think you may misunderstood its final aim , regarding to the changes you made.

That is indeed the case, I assumed it needed to follow the same algorithm as the scheduler. I'm sorry about messing up your code, this was definitely not my intention.

Of course i find the idea pretty good to record 'around' and also make a more flexible title comparison. However , 'as it' your actual source breaks what conflicts manager does , and must do.
    Now that i read this thread ( fastly i must reckon ) , i will give it a bit more attention and will look further into the code you submitted. The changes then commited by and-81 were reverted, for now. But i'll look at them again and will look why they broke things. In any cases , i'm pretty sure there are some very interesting ideas that we shouldn't miss.
    Cya soon.

Okay, that's cool. Was the entire change rolled back, or only the change for ConflictsManager?

I assume that the needed changes in ConflictsManager are best handled by you. But as far as other possible problems go, is there any specific feedback on the rest of the changes?

I'd like to follow up as best I can to get this all working the way we want.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    These are compiled binaries, based on today's source.

To try these out, overwrite these assemblies in the "Team
    MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" directory:

TvService.exe
    TVDatabase.dll
    TvBusinessLayer.dll
    Plugins\ConflictsManager.dll

And these in the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" directory:

TVDatabase.dll
    TvBusinessLayer.dll
    Plugins\Windows\TVPlugin.dll

Normally this should do the trick. Just let me know if it does or does
    not work for you.

I tried out my own zip in the mean time :) I did not update the ConflictsManager.dll since it appears I broke this (cfr Broceliande's posting), but I did update all the other DLL's.

One thing that makes testing this a bit annoying is that this weekend the time changes (daylight saving) and my XMLTV imports seem to be an hour off next week. But as far as I could see my patch does seem to correctly "move" the recording time with the program. Red dots appeared as expected.

So perhaps in the test you did paloema you did indeed forget to update the DLL's in MediaPortal's directory? Or am I overlooking something here?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    So perhaps in the test you did paloema you did indeed forget to update the DLL's in MediaPortal's directory? Or am I overlooking something here?

Hi dvdfreak,

will test now. I tested and-81's compiled version and he said he had not seen any changes to MP's dll's. So this was probably the problem.
    In about 30 minutes you have a report from me!

Regards,

Paloema

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey,

tested it now with schedules and everything seems to work pretty nice. So "thumbs up" from me for that! I must admint that I didnt do a deep test but what I tested worked!
    I disabled conflictmanager for testing, so I think Broce and you have to work it out somehow.
    But it seems to be an a very good way indeed!

Regards,

Paloema

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey,

tested it now with schedules and everything seems to work pretty nice. So "thumbs up" from me for that! I must admint that I didnt do a deep test but what I tested worked!
    I disabled conflictmanager for testing, so I think Broce and you have to work it out somehow.
    But it seems to be an a very good way indeed!

Regards,

Paloema

Aha, there we go! :) I was thinking it was something like this. I did not do a lot of testing either, but at least my basic tests worked.

Now that we have this cleared up, are there people following this thread who can do some more extensive testing? The zip file I attached can be used, but as you say, when testing don't install the ConflictsManager.dll and disable the plugin.

I'll try to follow this up with Broceliande for the ConflictsManager.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    I'll have a look as soon as possible dvdfreak.
    Meanwhile, why not to NOT Copy conflictsManager.dll , rather than disable it paloema ?
    Just last thing before anyone commit those changes for scheduler :
    When adding any external code part , we must do it manually , with an up to date svn directory , rather than overwriting .cs files provided by the author , for at least one simple reason :
    - fixes or changes can have been done by a dev between the time the cs was downloaded and modified. So overwriting files would not keep and include those changes, although they have to.
    DVDFreak , feel free joining me again on irc ( i missed you yesterday ).

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'll have a look as soon as possible dvdfreak.
    Meanwhile, why not to NOT Copy conflictsManager.dll , rather than disable it paloema ?
    Just last thing before anyone commit those changes for scheduler :
    When adding any external code part , we must do it manually , with an up to date svn directory , rather than overwriting .cs files provided by the author , for at least one simple reason :
    - fixes or changes can have been done by a dev between the time the cs was downloaded and modified. So overwriting files would not keep and include those changes, although they have to.

Indeed, a merge should be done. I can provide patch files rather than full files. In fact, what steps would be needed to get SVN access myself?

DVDFreak , feel free joining me again on irc ( i missed you yesterday ).

Yeah, I finally made it on IRC but turns out noone was there ;)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just shout on IRC and everyone wakes up :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just shout on IRC and everyone wakes up :)

:)

I'll try that next time ;)

In the mean time, is anyone going to be testing the changes I submitted? Or re-add them to the source tree (without the ConflictsManager changes then of course)?

I'm just asking because I'm trying to follow up on this inbetween things and would hate to see this get lost somewhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom