Improved Weekly / Daily recording algorithm (1 Viewer)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi dvdfreak,

you could even compile it with the latest SVN and just give us the *.dlls and files
    we need to replace in our MediaPortal folder.
    Would be much easier for non-developers.

Are your changes only work with TVE3?
    Would be nice to have this also for TVE2 (as it's MP's current default TVengine).

Regards
    Ralph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi dvdfreak,

you could even compile it with the latest SVN and just give us the *.dlls and files
    we need to replace in our MediaPortal folder.
    Would be much easier for non-developers.

Are your changes only work with TVE3?
    Would be nice to have this also for TVE2 (as it's MP's current default TVengine).

Regards
    Ralph

I will look at making similar changes to TVE2, just need some time to do this.

As to making binaries available, it's certainly an option. But again, need some time to assemble this, and perhaps it's better to simply integrate this in the source tree so it will be in the next day's SVN build.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey dvdfreak,

nice and fast work you're doing. Thanks for it...i again can only invite you to join us at IRC, it is always the best way since many devs are on there and could do such things quickly :)

Regards

Paloema

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey dvdfreak,

nice and fast work you're doing. Thanks for it...i again can only invite you to join us at IRC, it is always the best way since many devs are on there and could do such things quickly :)

Regards

Paloema

With pleasure, but at work I can't reach IRC, and in the evenings I don't always have the time :) And yesterday I preferred to spend my time on the actual coding rather than talking about it ;-)

But I will certainly try to come on the channel from time to time, it could indeed speed things like these up.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As to making binaries available, it's certainly an option. But again, need some time to assemble this, and perhaps it's better to simply integrate this in the source tree so it will be in the next day's SVN build.

Just an option to get things tested quickly and make it available for willing volunteers.
    Has been practiced several times.
    IMHO even a better way to find bugs, error etc. before something has been updated to SVN.

Regards
    Ralph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey dvdfreak,

I see your problem with IRC. So and-81 and me are taking it up and testing it. Will report later if/when it gets integrated.

Regards,

Paloema

Great, thanks! I'll see what I can do for the TVE2 changes, it shouldn't take as much time since it's a very similar patch.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hi dvdfreak,

unfortunately I have to say that we can not commit this to SVN since there are issues with it, which I try to mention here:

General:
    1. You did remove some methods of Conflictmanager, for which the author isn't too happy with. Maybe comment these changes so the coders/authors know why/what you did. I am no coder, so hopefully i stated this correct here. Please dont get me wrong, I don't want to offend you. Just explaining how it works usually.

Specific:
    2. I scheduled a weekly series with different starting/ending time:[15:32]
    - #1 22.3. 9.15-10.15
    - #2 29.3. 9.30-10.30
    -> In TV-Scheduled #2 is shown as 9.15
    -> In Guide there is no red dot for #2

So I suggest the following:

1. Please explain designated behaviour.
    2. Provide (as Ralph suggested) a compiled version here. So users can test and report and you can try to track these issues. As you have not much chance to come to IRC (even not via Webirc?!? [https://www.team-mediaportal.com/webirc.html]) this seems indeed to be the only and therefore the best way.

Again, thanks for your work, keep up and I hope you go on with it :)

Regards,

Paloema

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi dvdfreak,

unfortunately I have to say that we can not commit this to SVN since there are issues with it, which I try to mention here:

General:
    1. You did remove some methods of Conflictmanager, for which the author isn't too happy with. Maybe comment these changes so the coders/authors know why/what you did. I am no coder, so hopefully i stated this correct here. Please dont get me wrong, I don't want to offend you. Just explaining how it works usually.

I certainly did not mean to offend anyone either :) I just made the same changes everywhere I found references to Weekly/Daily scheduling. I'm sure he will indeed want to look over what I changed. Perhaps you can leave out those changes all together, so the author of the plugin can handle the change himself? Or send him my modified file as a suggestion?

Hi dvdfreak,
    Specific:
    2. I scheduled a weekly series with different starting/ending time:[15:32]
    - #1 22.3. 9.15-10.15
    - #2 29.3. 9.30-10.30
    -> In TV-Scheduled #2 is shown as 9.15
    -> In Guide there is no red dot for #2

Hmmm... I did test something similar with daily recording and that seemed to work fine. But did you think about updating all TVxxx.dll's in both the TV Service *and* the MediaPortal directories? If you only update the DLL's in the server's service directory this may give weird stuff like you describe here... TVPlugin.dll also needs the same changed assemblies...

So I suggest the following:

1. Please explain designated behaviour.
    2. Provide (as Ralph suggested) a compiled version here. So users can test and report and you can try to track these issues. As you have not much chance to come to IRC (even not via Webirc?!? [https://www.team-mediaportal.com/webirc.html]) this seems indeed to be the only and therefore the best way.

WebIRC doesn't seem to work here either :-( I'll try to add precompiled versions to a posting, so people can try this out and report back the problems they are seeing.

Again, thanks for your work, keep up and I hope you go on with it :)

Regards,

Paloema

Of course I am now p***** off and will stop working on this, NOT ;-) Let's get this working as soon as we can, many people seem to be waiting for this :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    These are compiled binaries, based on today's source.

To try these out, overwrite these assemblies in the "Team
    MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" directory:

TvService.exe
    TVDatabase.dll
    TvBusinessLayer.dll
    Plugins\ConflictsManager.dll

And these in the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" directory:

TVDatabase.dll
    TvBusinessLayer.dll
    Plugins\Windows\TVPlugin.dll

Normally this should do the trick. Just let me know if it does or does
    not work for you.