Improved Weekly / Daily recording algorithm (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You have to shout very LOUD to wake up paloema @ that time of the evening, maybe schedule a power on for him ;) (i'll help with testing when i have some time )

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    After testing it a bit, it doesn't seem to breake anything here.

Regards
    Roy

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    After testing it a bit, it doesn't seem to breake anything here.

Regards
    Roy

Cool, and apart from not breaking anything (which is obviously good news on its own), did it correctly shift the recording times in your tests?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,
    You have to shout very LOUD to wake up paloema @ that time of the evening, maybe schedule a power on for him ;) (i'll help with testing when i have some time )

Regards
    Roy

Note: paloema changed his name. I think to the-chad or something like that.

EDIT: OK, OK - I was relying on my memory (as bad as it is). paloema new name is The_Stig

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    Now those changes are in svn , for TVE3 , except ConflictsManager's changes, since i think we should adapt it a bit for CM.
    No use disabling cm though , imo . But feedback is welcome however

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Now those changes are in svn , for TVE3 , except ConflictsManager's changes, since i think we should adapt it a bit for CM.
    No use disabling cm though , imo . But feedback is welcome however

Thanks Broceliande, indeed, all feedback welcome, hopefully this first step in fuzzy recording is to everyone's liking!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    After some more test this has to be reverted again(sorry for that & when i dunno)...

The issues are with Schedules on a everyday, weekends, etc. basis. Theres seems to go wrong when using in combination with PowerScheduler for wakeup to record.

In short:
    The wakeup time it's not set & the fuzzy cannot run when computer it's suspended/hibernated, so nothing it's recorded for "series recording". It goes fine as long as computer runs all the time, but thats not energy friendly ;)

I very often leave home all weekend & have lot's of recordings scheduled & computer suspends/wakes up to record in that time.

Regards
    Roy

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    After some more test this has to be reverted again(sorry for that & when i dunno)...

The issues are with Schedules on a everyday, weekends, etc. basis. Theres seems to go wrong when using in combination with PowerScheduler for wakeup to record.

In short:
    The wakeup time it's not set & the fuzzy cannot run when computer it's suspended/hibernated, so nothing it's recorded for "series recording". It goes fine as long as computer runs all the time, but thats not energy friendly ;)

I very often leave home all weekend & have lot's of recordings scheduled & computer suspends/wakes up to record in that time.

Regards
    Roy

It seems the PowerScheduler is not picking up the new recording time, which is unfortunate. Does it have its own calculation of when recordings should occur? If so it will need to be modified as well (obviously). Too bad so many parts of MediaPortal seem to have a copy/paste of the scheduling algoritm...

Shall I take a look at this myself? Or is the PowerScheduler author on the case? :)

UPDATE: 10 minutes later

I saw some changes in SVN in the Scheduler.cs class regarding PowerScheduler by "micheloe", so I guess he is looking at this (or already fixed it).

Anyway, I noticed the code had been changed slightly like this:

" if (current != null)
    734 target = current;
    735 else if (next != null)
    736 target = next;
    738 if (target != null)
    739 {
    "

I don't think this is correct, the times of both 'current' and 'next' should be checked, otherwise the pre-recording will fail to work since 'next' will never typically be looked at (since there will typically always be a 'current' program).

Can anyone pass this along to micheloe?

Thanks!

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I've taken my hands off it again as my changes were indeed not correct. FYI: I've reverted to the old code in current SVN, but IMHO the determination of whether or not a schedule is due should be a whole lot different for PowerScheduler to ever work with these.

I don't want to duplicate code across several areas either and that's why I started working on it. But the way things are now, that routine is too much based on "is it on now?" which of course can never work with PS. So, unfortunately it looks like I'm gonna have to re-invent the wheel anyway, since PS only cares about correct wakeup times for recordings.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom