Improvement suggestions (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The configuration page of OV allows to filter for language etc., but the site view in the end doesn't allow any actions, besides "search".
    I propose to add some basic filter options as well. I have many english and german pages and would like to have the chance to filter only for "german" for example.

Configuration view:
    Unbenannt.jpg

Sites view:
    Unbenannt2.jpg

Last edited:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any improvvement will make this 1000 times better.
    I tried it once, and was not able to Limit the number of entries on the OV Screen.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the MP1 version we have a grouping already implemented. There are 3 possibilities: Disable grouping, manually define groups of sites or auto group by language.
    This adds another "hierarchy" on top of sites - I can add this to the MP2 version of OV as well.
    Only problem back when I did MP2 OV was figuring out how to tell MP2 that the starting workflow state is either "sites" or "groups" depending on a configuration setting. There are user whoe do not use many site and wanted to have no groups as it adds an additional navigation step every time you enter OV.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    In the MP1 version we have a grouping already implemented. There are 3 possibilities: Disable grouping, manually define groups of sites or auto group by language.
    This adds another "hierarchy" on top of sites - I can add this to the MP2 version of OV as well.
    Only problem back when I did MP2 OV was figuring out how to tell MP2 that the starting workflow state is either "sites" or "groups" depending on a configuration setting. There are user whoe do not use many site and wanted to have no groups as it adds an additional navigation step every time you enter OV.
    How about only adding filters instead of groups? This would keep only one "navigation level". I'm thinking about something similar as you can already do in the configuration screen (screenshot above).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can add this to the MP2 version of OV as well.
    That would be a good thing.

There are user whoe do not use many site and wanted to have no groups as it adds an additional navigation step every time you enter OV.
    I'd rather click once more than having to find my target in the sea of others. ;)

General question: May we count on you to maintain and improve the MP2 OV realization in the future?[DOUBLEPOST=1466145296][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Of course, let me have a look.
    Looks like this is obsolete, offbyone is going to check on it. :p

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Any improvvement will make this 1000 times better.
    I tried it once, and was not able to Limit the number of entries on the OV Screen.

Here how it's handled in WebRadio Plugin, everything in one screen and you can filter for what you want.
    I think thats much better than adding a group screen.
    Unbenannt.jpg

As everything is already available in the configuratio nscreen of OV, you'd just need to make the menu accessable in the main view.
    I think there is not much coding work behind.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know if that is possible already, but I would expect taht I can select a couple of WebRadio stations or OV sites in the Settings, and in the actual Screen I see only those.
    More or less like it is with TV channels.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know if that is possible already, but I would expect taht I can select a couple of WebRadio stations or OV sites in the Settings, and in the actual Screen I see only those.
    More or less like it is with TV channels.
    This is already possible. You are able to add, remove and update sites in the configuration screen.

I have the problem that MP2 every time crashed, when starting a stream. WebRadio causes crashes, when I show the "Info screen" about the playing song.
    There are a lot of problems with existing plugins :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom