[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have the changes to the registry now performed from the Kodi forum times. The entry "Size" did not exist for me, I then created him according as D-Word and set to the value of 3. The second entry I've adjusted to the value 1. Whether and how it affects me, I shall now see. Thanks for the tips.

But what seems to have already brought a small success last night were the changes to the network card configuration. On the Internet there is, all entries where some of "offload" or in German "Abladen" is to switch off. In online games like WoW causes the shutdown of these entries that lag no longer occur less up.

The client and the server hanging all 3 not directly to the router but at Asus 8-Port Gigabit Switch. My client and the server depend on the same switch, while the client hang on a second switch in the living room. All interact with Gigabit speed with each other. The switch to which the server and my client hang, is an Asus GX-D1081. The second is an Asus GX-D1081 V3. However, since both clients show the same problem, a replacement would not do, I think. Although the V3 the newer of the two switches is. But I am of course grateful for every tip and hint. :)

After all, the system is as close to perfect as never before, so once again a big thank you to Owlsroost and all other for their work and valuable advice.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Palm_Maniac - attached is new TsReader version (v4.1.0.15) to try

I've re-worked the internal buffering code to try and make the start-of-play buffering more consistent i.e. so it starts with the same amount of data each time.

If you find that channel changing is a bit slow, make sure that the 'BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds' registry value is set to zero to minimise the extra delay.

Attachments

• TsReader_v4.1.0.15_for_MP_1.11.zip
      185.4 KB

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    These TS reader versions, are the being developed for Palm Maniac, or are they being developed for MP 1 users in general (for future versjons)?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    All user. More feedback we have from user. More mister owlroost can solve error. And we can release officialy an new version

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, from a user perspective I am confused and have no idea which one of the multiple versions to use. lodale has a point when he says that the thread appears to offer a customized solution for a specific issue.

If this is supposed to be tested on a broader level, it could be an option to move such versions to Area 51.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I didn't mean this to complain, I am very glad that developer owlsroost is trying to tune the best ver. of TS reader. My self I am running a dedicated TV server for DVBS/S2 and distributing TV signals in my home (both wired and wireless) and over a wireless P2P to a house 300 meters from me. All is OK in my house (both wired and wireless), both over the P2P (100Mbs) I sometime have problems (trying both RTSP and UNC paths), the live TV stops up and the client needs to be rebooted. I was hoping that maybe I can benefit from the developments of owlsroot.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I think owlroost try to solve the issue palm maniac. And i think iq solved. (it s what i have understand ). And now try to improve the code. So try the last files available on the forum. And let me know if you encour error.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have downloaded the last tsreader.ax file, should this file be used with RTSP or UNC?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hum. Dont know. I think yes. But if you choose unc. It dont use the rtsp transmit protocol.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    These TS reader versions, are the being developed for Palm Maniac, or are they being developed for MP 1 users in general (for future versjons)?

They are always generic versions (and TsReader.ax is used for MP2 as well as MP1) - anyone can try them, the more feedback the better. They all support RTSP and UNC paths for Client/Server use, same as the standard MP1 version.

I've been working on the issues Palm_Maniac has because these are also issues for some other users, but Palm_Maniac has them much worse, so his system is a good 'test bed' for the modifications.

I wouldn't spend this much effort on modifications and testing if I didn't think MP users in general would benefit at the end.

There are a lot of versions in this thread because I've been trying a whole range of changes (step by step) to find out what effect they have on the performance.

The thread has wandered off into experimental changes to TsWriter (used in TV Server) as well because we have been investigating the performance of Live TV timeshifting overall, and some things can only be changed at the server end of things.

I think we are getting close to a conclusion in terms of what works well and what doesn't....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom