[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Just as a matter of interest, how are you measuring the timing?
    It's more an estimate. I am changing channels from the mini guide and just look at my wrist watch to take the time until the new picture appears. One would need to look into the logs for a precise number.

So UNC is faster but not very much. I can add the server log to my posting above if you would like to extract a quantitative view.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    For me im happy. The new filter solve few error on my side. I think it solve few crash on server too.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    For me im happy.
    So am I. If further adjustment was possible, I would not object to it, but the current status is pretty good and I would welcome this version to find its way into the next edition of MP.

Side remark: I do occasionally experience some issues with getting sound but no picture after start/resume but that's nothing specific to this version and subject to further analysis outside of this thread. Thus far I never bothered to report it as trying to tune another channel always works.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    It's more an estimate. I am changing channels from the mini guide and just look at my wrist watch to take the time until the new picture appears. One would need to look into the logs for a precise number.
    Right, okay - thanks for the clarification.

So UNC is faster but not very much. I can add the server log to my posting above if you would like to extract a quantitative view.
    Probably the client logs are more useful/necessary than the server logs, but I trust Owlsroost will ask for any information he needs.

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Please try the attached files (TsReader.ax for the clients, all the others for the server) - installation instructions in the first post in the thread.

I've reduced the delay when first turning on live TV (using RTSP) with these versions - please test and report back :)

If you have problems with them, I need both the client and server logs.

Attachments

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] Improved MBID Search for Artist and Album Fanart Handler 106
    ajs [fixed] 5022: Improving the MPE Installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 42
    doskabouter Small code improvements MediaPortal 1 8
    ajs [fixed] 5015: Improving the MP1 installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 138
    doskabouter Exceptions found due to improved logging General Support 11
    CyberSimian [fixed] MP1-4990 : Improve horizontal scrolling in the EPG MediaPortal 1 10
    ge2301 Bugs and Improvements Nereus 6
    N [Proposal] How to improve series scheduling MediaPortal 2 72
    ge2301 [Finished] [MP2-776] Improve busy screen appearance MediaPortal 2 14
    B [MP2-772-773] improve busy cursor and settings loading Testing Area 10
    azzuro [Help Me!] Improve duration times of GUI List items MediaPortal 2 37
    Alberto83 [Finished] [MP2-752] Improve recording handling MediaPortal 2 34
    K MP1.24 HDHomeRun Quatro DVT2 - Pixelation on live TV General Support 1
    S IPTV from online m3u8 for Aussie Live TV General Support 9
    K Flickering live TV playback Newcomers Forum 3
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    vvulture UNKNOWN ERROR when starting live TV General Support 6
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    404 How to turn off narration on live tv General 2
    Volker MP2 Rewind / zurückspulen bei Live TV funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    G Occasional Black screen on Live TV and Recorded TV Watch / Listen Media 5