[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Since my last post, I have so few been tested by reason of pixelation search. The Notice to switch the cache function in the client from brought the biggest change. They have become significantly less.

To bring the database back to the client did not change, so I'm going to switch back to server-side databases.

During the tests in recent days and weeks, I then found one. The pixelation are gone, except on the HD channels of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group. It is true that we have seen a whole day without even a pixelation TV until we have zapped a HD channels this group. And once then the pixelation occurred on a TV station in this group, they also occur sporadically on all other channels.

When then came a week ago in Football TV on Monday, I have programmed recordings of transmitters of this group. While watching I saw then that the pixelation were recorded at these stations with. For all other TV channels this is not the case.

So I have the Digital Devices Octopus Dual-CI completely exchanged against the Duoflex, so completely new receiver hardware in the latest generation there. Which is precisely the one that makes the no problems in this direction. This situation is e.g. the combination of one of the developers of DeltaCam firmware.

The conversion was fast and easy. Evening came and the tension rose when zapping on one of the TV programs of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group. Well, and then there was another pixelation after some time. It is to despair.

Yesterday I had after a tip from one of the developers of the software DVBViewer DeltaCam firmware installed with the extension TransEdit on the server and made last night on the TV station ProSieben HD. I then directly get delivered an image of the stream, while me TransEdit has the technical data of the TV channel and the whole transponder shown by DVBViewer. This resulted have seen all throughout the evening while we were in the living room on MP. Every time in the TV pixelation appeared there were no on the DVBViewer, no error was displayed.

This means I can be absolutely certain that the reception in the server completely flawless on this problematic HD TV transmitters of ProSiebenSat.1 Group. The pixelation appear only within MP. That reassures me on the one hand something on the other, I would probably not have to change the hardware. But no matter, I had always planned it. :)

Why it pixelt only on those TV stations? Why it catches on another only when one has seen on a television channel this group for so long until the first pixelation occurs? At the receiving hardware or the CI module, it is definitely not that the tests have shown.

Current Logs after I deliver. I have the server set today on the state of Yesterday morning back to the changes due to the test and make the DVBViewer reversed, with also all server logs have been deleted from yesterday and put back. ;)

I hope that the information already help advance somehow, until I can supply the missing logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yesterday I had after a tip from one of the developers of the software DVBViewer DeltaCam firmware installed with the extension TransEdit on the server and made last night on the TV station ProSieben HD. I then directly get delivered an image of the stream, while me TransEdit has the technical data of the TV channel and the whole transponder shown by DVBViewer. This resulted have seen all throughout the evening while we were in the living room on MP. Every time in the TV pixelation appeared there were no on the DVBViewer, no error was displayed.
    That's not possible! Transedit and MP can't be using the same tuner at the same time, so this test is not valid.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, that's right, but I have for the Tuner 1 & 2 used were otherwise occupied right for TV. Before that I had made quite a few hours and TransEdit DVBViewer running on SAT1 HD and ProSieben HD without pixelization.

I will also install for testing an MP client to the server in order to compare the single-seat mode, if there also the pixelation occur. But I can test and compare until next week.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Note also that by default DVBViewer (and TransEdit) do not enable timeshifting. In other words, they are not using the HDD. For a proper test I think you should also enable that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom