[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just as a matter of interest, how are you measuring the timing?
    It's more an estimate. I am changing channels from the mini guide and just look at my wrist watch to take the time until the new picture appears. One would need to look into the logs for a precise number.

So UNC is faster but not very much. I can add the server log to my posting above if you would like to extract a quantitative view.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    For me im happy. The new filter solve few error on my side. I think it solve few crash on server too.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me im happy.
    So am I. If further adjustment was possible, I would not object to it, but the current status is pretty good and I would welcome this version to find its way into the next edition of MP.

Side remark: I do occasionally experience some issues with getting sound but no picture after start/resume but that's nothing specific to this version and subject to further analysis outside of this thread. Thus far I never bothered to report it as trying to tune another channel always works.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's more an estimate. I am changing channels from the mini guide and just look at my wrist watch to take the time until the new picture appears. One would need to look into the logs for a precise number.
    Right, okay - thanks for the clarification.

So UNC is faster but not very much. I can add the server log to my posting above if you would like to extract a quantitative view.
    Probably the client logs are more useful/necessary than the server logs, but I trust Owlsroost will ask for any information he needs.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please try the attached files (TsReader.ax for the clients, all the others for the server) - installation instructions in the first post in the thread.

I've reduced the delay when first turning on live TV (using RTSP) with these versions - please test and report back :)

If you have problems with them, I need both the client and server logs.

Attachments

• EXP-Upgrade_555_MM_Owlsroost_21-06-2016_5.zip
      532.4 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom