rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, it does complain for a reason :rolleyes:

I'll need to check indigo more thoroughly but these are my findings for now:
    - a control is missing or incorrect causing an exception on MP's startup
    - some star ratings do not define the amount of stars - e.g. IMDB does show 9 stars on 720p (at least this is fixable - see BlueTwo)
    - Now Playing's navigation doesn't allow to switch between both last.fm lookups - you need to cycle all to the left to reach them.
    - music button's up/down navigation skips a control (iirc below Search)
    - an inverted font color would increase readability in TV Guide on small HD displays.
    - some cover rectangles should use a condition to only display if a cover is selected / visible.

Despite the need to include the changed weather controls nothing should have a negative impact on MP's stability regarding current SVN.

Psycho Reptile and all contributers here do a great job! :D

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for those reports rtv, I'll look into them for the next release and try to get Indigo/Monochrome as RC1/2/SVN ready as I can ;)

Oh, and feel free to check more thoroughly, I'd appreciate the help :D

mickyblue

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Brisbane Australia
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Psycho

Love the new Indgo 1.9

one suggestion i have though is would it be possible to try and tie together the layouts of the various video shares / tvseries / Myfilms "list view" modes in such a way that they look similar

i really love the look/feel of the tv series list views (with Series info) under seasons/episodes etc and was wondering if it would be possible to have the myfilms and movie share "list view" appear in a similar layout,

such as background image behind the dvd cover, file info genre,
    having the plot scrolling at the top right etc

i originally did this myself with one of your previous versions of monochrome but it becomes very hard having to update the various xmls. each time you release a new version of your skins

i dont mean to offend you with this, the skin just "feels" i little bitsy in my opinons when there isnt much consistancy between the various layouts when they basically share the same type of data

i would be more than happy to lend a hand in altering some of the xmls if you then wanted to tweak/clean them up and place them in your files or as an alternative

Mickyblue

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    - some cover rectangles should use a condition to only display if a cover is selected / visible.
    Hi rtv, I've sorted out almost all of the problems in your list - just wondering how I can do this one?

i would be more than happy to lend a hand in altering some of the xmls if you then wanted to tweak/clean them up and place them in your files or as an alternative
    The ball is in your court then ;)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv, I've sorted out almost all of the problems in your list - just wondering how I can do this one?

Sorry, I just noted that this hasn't been possible without using containers. I've added a small "fix" for this. Read this please: 0001332: Skin conditions didn't allow to determine whether a GUIImage shows a picture or not. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

To try it out:
    1. compile latest SVN
    2. modify "musicsongs.xml" like this
    Code:
        <control>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>123</id>
          <posX>15</posX>
          <posY>247</posY>
          <width>280</width>
          <height>280</height>
          <texture>album_preview_thumb_background.png</texture>
          <visible>control.hasthumb(124)</visible>
        </control>
        <control>
          <id>124</id>
          <type>image</type>
          <posX>30</posX>
          <posY>261</posY>
          <width>245</width>
          <height>245</height>
          <texture>#selectedthumb</texture>
          <visible>facadeview.list|facadeview.album</visible>
        </control>

3. See how the background disappears if there is no thumbnail for specific directories :cool:

I guess that might be handy for some other areas as well ;)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I have an odd issue - in the MySowtimes plugin, if you play a trailer for one movie (Iron man in my case), watch the trailer and when its finished you'll get back to the Iron Man details page.
    now play another trailer (Speed Racer) - watch it - when it's finished you'll be back at the Iron Man details page again???
    Odd!

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    Just to add - the text colour in the Soduko game is too dark - also in Monochrome...
    I've looked at the source code and unfortunately the text colours and button images are hardcoded, so there's nothing I can do about it. It will never look good with dark skins :(, a bit of an oversight from the dev I think, hopefully it can be rectified and made more skinner friendly :D.

Sorry, I just noted that this hasn't been possible without using containers. I've added a small "fix" for this.

I guess that might be handy for some other areas as well ;)
    It will definately come in handy, I've just updated my SVN, is there any way to compile a "release" package similar to the SVN releases so I can update my install easier?

Please could you add the same/similar functionality for labels and fadelabels - that way we can hide other controls based on whether a label has text, ie when using IMDB info in shares ;)

I have an odd issue - in the MySowtimes plugin
    Could you ask NephilimDM to look into it in the "new" ShowTimes thread?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've looked at the source code and unfortunately the text colours and button images are hardcoded, hopefully it can be rectified and made more skinner friendly :D.
    I'll have a quick look if it can be done without code changes.

It will definately come in handy, I've just updated my SVN, is there any way to compile a "release" package similar to the SVN releases so I can update my install easier?
    Please show up on IRC - we'll find a solution there ;)

Please could you add the same/similar functionality for labels and fadelabels - that way we can hide other controls based on whether a label has text, ie when using IMDB info in shares ;)
    I need to debug that. The problem is that at the time the condition is checked those controls DO have a valid text length > 0 since e.g. "#duration" is regarded a valid string as well. Can't promise anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom