InfoService crashing MediaPortal (4 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will do. The cache can of course be kept local. It is automatically set to the network because I have redirected a couple of MP paths globaly and you are reading the info from there. The network drive problem in 1.12 is addressd in 1.13, which I am running, so this should be alright.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will do. The cache can of course be kept local. It is automatically set to the network because I have redirected a couple of MP paths globaly and you are reading the info from there. The network drive problem in 1.12 is addressd in 1.13, which I am running, so this should be alright.
    I've used the same method to check if a network drive is available as MP does in 1.12. So I think this is not the best solution right now. But i will look into the sources of MP 1.13 to check if this could be a problem.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That said, it is not logical. There was a crash at 12:09, however, it was the server that had woken up the client, hence the server path for the cache must have been available upon resume. There must he something else going on.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right. Do you have sufficient rights to create a folder in the feed cache path?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes. Also missing privileges should have been visible in the log, right? ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still, an access violation would have been visible in the Windows event log. Anyway, thank you very much for being so diligent. I will test your new version when it is available.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This one should fix the crash, but not the main issue. Also it should log the problem. So please attach the log after a resume here and we see were the problem is.

Attachments

• InfoService_network_cache_fix_2.zip
      177.2 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Attached please find the log after resume. Note that the server was running when the client resumed. I can upload another log tomorrow morning to Show the behavior with the client waking up the server.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Attached please find the log after resume. Note that the server was running when the client resumed. I can upload another log tomorrow morning to Show the behavior with the client waking up the server.
    This log looks fine.

But i think, that the cache folder is already created, could lead to a negativ test result. You should also delete the cache folder "InfoService" in "\\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\".

Also use this new version. It has only more debug logging events in it, so its easier to see whats going on.

Thanks for testing and helping to improve the old boy MP1 and his plugins :D

Attachments

• InfoService_network_cache_fix_3.zip
      177.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom