InfoService crashing MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure

Attachments

• InfoService.zip
      43.4 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking at the log it appears that the server accessibility test kicks in too late, which leads to a long series of non-fatal errors. It recovers as soon as the server gets online and is then able to create/access the cache folder.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking at the log it appears that the server accessibility test kicks in too late, which leads to a long series of non-fatal errors. It recovers as soon as the server gets online and is then able to create/access the cache folder.
    What to you mean? For me the log looks also fine. But I just watched over it with my smartphone. Maybe I missed something.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logging starts at 7:48:43, the time when I resumed the client. At this moment the server is not online yet. This leads to errors like this one:
    16.12.2015 07:48:43 | 0010 | Feed | Error | Error saving feed item from \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\SPIEGEL ONLINE - Schlagzeilen\feedImage.png . Delete the cache and try again
    Allgemeiner Fehler in GDI+.
    bei System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
    bei System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)
    bei FeedReader.Utils.LoadImage(String url, String feedTitle, String feedItemTitle, String cacheFolder, Boolean isItemImage, Image& feedImage, String& feedImagePath)
    The cache does not exist, but the point is of course that even if it did, the path is not yet accessible.

Then you get
    16.12.2015 07:48:43 | 0010 | Feed | Warning | Error downloading image from http://www.spiegel.dehttp//www.spiegel.de/static/sys/logo_120x61.gif
    Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgel..st werden: 'www.spiegel.dehttp'
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    bei FeedReader.Utils.DownloadImage(String url)
    Here I believe that the URL string is not correctly being put together,

The "Error saving feed item from" then subsequently occur dozens of times until at 7:48:54 the server comes online. At this moment the server existence check is logged and the server confirmed to be active:
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Info | Checking if cache folder \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\ is available...
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Debug | Checking if folder \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\ is a UNC path...
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Debug | Folder \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\ is a UNC path.
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Debug | Checking if folder \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\ is a UNC path...
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Debug | Folder \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\ is a UNC path.
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Info | Getting server name from unc path \\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\InfoService\...
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Info | Server name is "SERVER"
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Info | Checking if server "SERVER" is available...
    16.12.2015 07:48:54 | 0010 | Feed | Info | Server "SERVER" is available.
    I would have thought that this cache folder availability check takes place at the very beginning before even trying to load or address any feeds.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah I looked over the logs from yesterday.

The check if server is online takes place at 07:48:42. This is before a feed is added to infoservice (mediaportal start) and on begin of downloading of a feed. So this should be OK.

The gdi message means, that infoservice tries to load an image which is not an image. That results because the infoservice parsed a wrong url from the feed.

I will have a look into this.

But caching on your server should now be fine.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't keep my logs on a network drive, but I still had MediaPortal crash every time I woke my HTPC from Hibernation. Now that I'm running (V3?) I no longer have those issues. Very happy about this, as the WAF was going down the drain. Quickly.

Emph

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logging starts at 7:48:43, the time when I resumed the client. At this moment the server is not online yet. This leads to errors like this one:

The cache does not exist, but the point is of course that even if it did, the path is not yet accessible.

Then you get

Here I believe that the URL string is not correctly being put together,

The "Error saving feed item from" then subsequently occur dozens of times until at 7:48:54 the server comes online. At this moment the server existence check is logged and the server confirmed to be active:

I would have thought that this cache folder availability check takes place at the very beginning before even trying to load or address any feeds.
    Ok I think I've tracked down the last problem, you had (the gdi error messages). Will upload a new version tomorrow.

Also duo I had a proxy development environment, InfoService can now be also used with a proxy.

Edit: Just tested it with my server when it's down. Unfortunately it doesn't work as it should. I need to tweak the process to check if the server share is online/offline.

Last edited:

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry again for late reply.

Here is the version with fixes for gdi error messages and now finalzied network caching bugfix.

Have fun and please report back if everthing runs fine.

Attachments

• InfoService_network_cache_fix_5.zip
      179.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom