InfoService crashing MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Copied Fix 3 into the install, launched MePo on the client, let the client go to sleep and deleted the cache folder on the server. When I now resume the client, MePo is blocked, nothing gets logged - neither in mediaportal.log nor infoservice.log.

This version is no good ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I restarted the machine. This time MePo starts. InfoService stays at "Feeds and News are loaded" and Spiegel News are not displayed.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @edsche ,

Are you going to work on this in the future? Right now it's just no longer operational.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @edsche ,

Are you going to work on this in the future? Right now it's just no loner operational.
    sorry for late reply.
    Yes I will keep on working on this.

If you look at the log, there are a few errors which I don't understand right now. The log is from a fresh restart of the client and the server was on before?

I try to setup a test environment this week/weekend to reproduce this problem.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Thanks for staying on it.

The log is from a fresh restart of the client and the server was on before?
    It's quite a while and I am not 100% sure, but I believe that's exactly right. The first start triggered the server wake-up, then MePo froze and then the client was restarted. The server did stay on.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok now i tweaked my solution and there were indeed some bugs.

Here you have another version. Please try it like you did before. That means: Delete the cache folder "InfoService" in "\\SERVER\Firma\MediaPortal\Thumbs\" first and then try again.

And please upload all your logs files with the watchdog option. You know what i mean ;)

Edit: Uploaded it twice. If you've downloaded your version before 18:13 CET, please download it again.

Attachments

• InfoService_network_cache_fix_4.zip
      177.9 KB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your V4 worked out well: I started MP with the remote cache folder deleted, however with a running server, and the news info was immediately downloaded and displayed.[DOUBLEPOST=1450205050][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll test again tomorrow morning with the server being in standby.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      35.8 KB

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your V4 worked out well: I started MP with the remote cache folder deleted, however with a running server, and the news info was immediately downloaded and displayed.[DOUBLEPOST=1450205050][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll test again tomorrow morning with the server being in standby.
    The log looks also fine to me [emoji106]

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I retried it this morning with a deleted cache folder and the server in standby: Works flawlessly(y)

Suggest to push your V4 as a new version to the repository.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I retried it this morning with a deleted cache folder and the server in standby: Works flawlessly(y)

Suggest to push your V4 as a new version to the repository.
    Can you upload the infoservice.log? It could be that the caching is disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom