Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Could you take a look and have an idea?
    I've pushed some changes, the EmptyStringToBoolConverter seemed to work for me. You also needed to bind the clear command to the InputManagerModel as that contains the delete method. However, the delete method seems to broken, the model calls it correctly but the mapping to delete is never found.
    @henso the delete method looks for a KeyMapping that matches the object stored in AdditionalProperties[KEY_KEYMAP_DATA], however when screen mapping there's a string stored there instead of a KeyMapping so a matching item is never found.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    However, the delete method seems to broken, the model calls it correctly but the mapping to delete is never found.
    Thanks. I couldn't test it because I waited for the clear button to work. Should work now.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Should work now.
    Doesn't work yet. The clear button is working and a dialog appears, when pressing it.
    But the mapping remains. The problem is still, that no list item has focus, then the clear button has focus, so MP2 does not know which mapping to clear, or?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    The problem is still, that no list item has focus, then the clear button has focus, so MP2 does not know which mapping to clear, or?
    No, the clear button is part of the list item and the clear method is called correctly with the right item. There's possibly still an issue with the method or updating the item's label.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    No, the clear button is part of the list item and the clear method is called correctly with the right item. There's possibly still an issue with the method or updating the item's label.
    You're right, it's part of the ItemContainerStyle. Leaving the screen and returning is also not changing the state, so it's at least not related to updating of label I think.
    Edit: Strange. I rebuilt everything and suddenly it works.

Last edited:

Alberto83

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've just managed to compile and test this latest branch, and it worked like a charm. Then I copied the plugin built earlier on the latest WIP 218 which i use in production and i immediately found "an issue".
    The device manager works if (and only if) you set it up using the "machine account" when user management is turned on. If you set it up using a user account it does work until the end of the session, but closing and opening mediaportal again makes it not working anymore.
    I can totally see that it writes the configuration in the correct place under the user account folder, but i think that when you start mediaportal it loads the config file from the machine account, and it does not refresh the configuration when you "log in" using an account.

I had to set it up under machine account (back on the login screen) to make it work for all users.

Can anybody confirm this?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I've just managed to compile and test this latest branch, and it worked like a charm. Then I copied the plugin built earlier on the latest WIP 218 which i use in production and i immediately found "an issue".
    The device manager works if (and only if) you set it up using the "machine account" when user management is turned on. If you set it up using a user account it does work until the end of the session, but closing and opening mediaportal again makes it not working anymore.
    I can totally see that it writes the configuration in the correct place under the user account folder, but i think that when you start mediaportal it loads the config file from the machine account, and it does not refresh the configuration when you "log in" using an account.

I had to set it up under machine account (back on the login screen) to make it work for all users.

Can anybody confirm this?
    I can confirm the behaviour. Seems it needs a small adjustment for being compatible with user management. This makes me believe we should also check other plugins in combination with user management enabled.

Alberto83

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes. Actually it's not a big deal if some plugins do not work with user management, but then we should add a GLOBAL and a USER section to group all those plugins that might or might not work with User management. Troubleshooting this was confusing, at first.

Alberto83

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes. I'm gonna test it later or tomorrow, I'm out for dinner now.

I'm gonna reset all settings from input device manager and create a new one with my account and the i'l log with different accounts to see if it reloads settings.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread