Inputdevice Manager for MP2 (2 Viewers)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks useful if one use a regular remote. Any interest in adding a tcp/ip server as well for receiving commands? I guess I can try to use this plugin and send commands to the logitech touchmouse server but that is more of a workaround instead of sending commands directly to MP2 plugin.
    I guess it would be a good idea to create a plugin with the same API (where possible) as WifiRemote so existing clients can be used without the need for (many) modifications. Or even a version 2 of WifiRemote.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @FreakyJ
    Just tested your input manager. Unfortunately I do not completely understand the configuration steps, so please help me :)
    On the first screen I'm asked to press a key I could like to configure. I pressed "b". Then I see an empty screen.
    upload_2015-10-3_12-17-7.png

First question: Why Cancel/Done are together in one button? If I click on it, I come back to the previous screen.
    If I click on "add" I'm asked again to press a key, only difference to before is, that i'm asked not for a single key, but key combination. This time I can also map an action!

So only the meaning of first screen is not clear for me.

General comment: I'd prefer the way around. I first select what I would like to map, e.g. EPG, then I map a button.
    Imagine somebody wants to map new buttons to all actions. He would need to know all available actions in advance, otherwise it'S difficult to define a button at first.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So only the meaning of first screen is not clear for me.
    You select your input device you would like to configure. The plugin can distinguish between different HID. e.g. remote or keyboard. So crtl + e could be the epg on the remote, but the home screen on the keyboard also it is exactly the same key combination.

cancel/done is chooses, because it makes nor difference, but I am happy to change the label :D

General comment: I'd prefer the way around. I first select what I would like to map, e.g. EPG, then I map a button.
    Imagine somebody wants to map new buttons to all actions. He would need to know all available actions in advance, otherwise it'S difficult to define a button at first.
    Valid point :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You select your input device you would like to configure. The plugin can distinguish between different HID. e.g. remote or keyboard. So crtl + e could be the epg on the remote, but the home screen on the keyboard also it is exactly the same key combination.
    Ah ok, it's only to detect the device. My fault, didn't read correctly. In this case it makes sense of course :D

Valid point :)
    Can be changed later, the way around seemd just more logical for me.
    For example I started to press "S", because I didn't know what to map. I had a shortcut to setting in the my mind. In the end I realized, there is no KEY linking directly to settings ;)

Great work by the way. You have realized this feature so fast! (y)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One other question:
    upload_2015-10-3_14-27-42.png

Once I mapped a few buttons they aprear in a list. It's nice to have this overview, but an option to delete or edit existing mappings would be nice :)

marabicudi

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    The missing input device mapping feature was one of the main reasons why I have not yet switched over to MP2, so I am really happy to see this plugin finally.
    Thanks a lot for your effort!

But like @ge2301 already has mentioned, the configuration is not yet ideal.

So maybe the following would improve the handling:

If I am right, then MP2 provides a default key mapping.
    Why not show this key mapping as start screen of the plugin?

The list in this start view would then allow to map a specific function to a desired key combination.
    So if one click on a mapping a popup could be displayed in which one could define the desired key combination.

This way it is
    - clear which functions belong to which combinations
    - multiple mapping could be prevented

What do you think?

Greetings
    mara

Attachments

• inputmanager1.jpg
      inputmanager1.jpg
      880.7 KB
    • inputmanager2.jpg
      inputmanager2.jpg
      769.3 KB
    • inputmanager3.jpg
      inputmanager3.jpg
      890.8 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why not show this key mapping as start screen of the plugin?
    I completely forgot to mention this and fully agree. If possible the available mappings are shown in an initial overview and for each listitem the mapping can be modified in next step.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @FreakyJ
    Thank you at first for this great plugin, this is one of the things that were really missing (y)
    But I agree with @ge2301 and @marabicudi . Do you plan to implement their suggestions?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I do :)
    I am just very bussy with MP2Extended and WifiRemote and didn't want to close VS and switch branches. That's all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom