"Insert DVD" option (1 Viewer)

eventone

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I don't see the option under "importPaths"... Everything looks the same... Could it be 'cause I had to revert to RC1? (RC2 and latest TV series wouldn't import my database properly)

Anyway, its great that you manage to work on this plugin, its really an amazing work! Its the single most important feature of MediaPortal! :D

Ryoga79

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
Inker,

I just tried the latest iteration of the plugin, and i have a small problem. The way my offline discs are constructed, the volume ID contains the name of the series, and then the episodes stored on the disc are stored in the root directory of the disc, as below:

E:(It's Always Sunny)

E:\S01E01 - The Gang Gets Racist.avi
E:\S01E02 - Charlie Wants an Abortion.avi
E:\S01E03 - Underage Drinking A National Concern.avi

So when i try to parse the series, it looks like the plugin doesn't find a series name, since the episodes aren't in a <series> folder, and don't contain the series name in the filename itself.

Is there any way to have the plugin read the volumeID of the disc for the series name? Can i do a string replacement or something like that? If so, how would i go about doing that?

Thanks for the help!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Inker,

I just tried the latest iteration of the plugin, and i have a small problem. The way my offline discs are constructed, the volume ID contains the name of the series, and then the episodes stored on the disc are stored in the root directory of the disc, as below:

E:(It's Always Sunny)

E:\S01E01 - The Gang Gets Racist.avi
    E:\S01E02 - Charlie Wants an Abortion.avi
    E:\S01E03 - Underage Drinking A National Concern.avi

So when i try to parse the series, it looks like the plugin doesn't find a series name, since the episodes aren't in a <series> folder, and don't contain the series name in the filename itself.

Is there any way to have the plugin read the volumeID of the disc for the series name? Can i do a string replacement or something like that? If so, how would i go about doing that?

Thanks for the help!

No, not really, but I see the point and will try to figure something out.

Does that mean you get the removable tickbox next to the importpaths?

safran64

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Inker,

I played a little bit with the new SVN233 "insert disc" features.

First I like the indroduction of the volume ID very much :D (I think this gives us an instrument for 'real' DVD (non-avi ) usage)

Unfortunately I also had some problems:

With "keep references" activated or removable=1 I get a JIT-Debugger error in config/details when I try to click on episodes whose disc/media can't be found (e.g. no disc in drive). I.e. the error doesn't show up if any disc is in drive even if the searched file isn't on it. In the version I used before this was not the case (see pics).

Just to understand: is it correct that every entry with removable=1 is shown like "keep references" on for this file?
    Because that's how it looks like on my system: all fields remain filled with their values. And in Mediaportal these episodes are shown as if they were available.
    Then, perhaps, it would be convenient if it was possible to differ them from files which are 'really' available not only by a logo but instantly by color (see my post above).

With that background in Mediaportal/TV-Series the "Insert Disc" dialog works well.

But with "keep references" off and removable=0 the dialog doesn't show up. I think this isn't surprising since fields like LocalFilename, Removable and VolumeLabel are earased (see pic).

Another problem was that entries stayed in their "keep reference" status thought the removable option was inactivated again. It seems that once set to 1 removable can't be set back to 0 again.

But I can't say for sure if these issues are only due to my crazy system or not... ;) so some more testing will be necessary.

EDIT: Just checked out: the first issue with the JIT-Deb. error has nothing to do with the "insert disc" feature, it started with SVN227. SVN226 and below are ok.

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, finally managed to test out the new offline feature and I'm afraid it's not working for me.

I started by deleting my existing DB (having made a backup first!). I set up a path, and selected that path as being removable.

All the other import settings look OK, and the parsing test works fine.

When I come to import, the episodes on the DVD are recognised, but I then get the same message repeated in the info window: "found x matching results for y". This message continues until I exit the MP config.

This happens with online and offline series.

I have tested this with build 233 and 234, and also gave 232 a go - all had the same issue . I am currently using 230 which seems to work fine (didn't try 231).

It sounds like the problem that someone was having with 24, but in this case it seems to be all series.

I have attached a log - if there's any other info needed, please let me know.

Many thanks for all you work on this, I'm looking forward to getting this working (and not having to buy another 2TB of RAID array :eek:)

Neil

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Thats a different problem that just coincidently showed up at the same time as the new removable media feature and should be resolved soon.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hrmm... nfox, that issue should be cleared up in the latest SVN version, 234. I just retested it on my local machine and I was not able to reproduce this issue anymore. The log file you sent is stamped with the build number for version 233 though, when you get time, could you try rerunning the import process with the latest SVN version, 234, and posting that log?

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The log file you sent is stamped with the build number for version 233 though

:oops: Thanks for pointing that out. Obviously got my various .dlls confused. Now definitely installed 234 and importing is working well. I'll get a load of series imported, have a play around, and report back.

runarius

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Oh, nice=D I thought this feature was never going to see the light of day(I lay in a feature-request for it many months ago, along with many others)

I just tested it, and I think it works great, with a few minors. Now this minor bugs might just be becouse I didn't marked the import-folder as removable AFTER the import, will try to delete the database and do a fresh import with removable ticked. The bugs I noticed were there:

- When my network drive was offline, and tried to play an episode which had not been watched before, nothing happened, but when I pressed enter again to retry if anything happened, it worked. It displayed the insert-disk as it should.

- Also, tried the same thing on the first episode of the same season as above, and this episode had been partially watched so it asked me to continue from 0:12 or something(which I don't think it should ask me really, at this point atleast, first display insert disk, and ask if I want to continue after I have inserted the disk, but that doesn't matter too much and isn't what I was going to say either). after it asked me to continue, it didn't do anything, tried again, nothing happened. so it just ignored the fact that the episode wasn't there and didn't ask to insert the disk.

anyways, thanks a million=D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom