Installation and other errors (1 Viewer)

mightymauz

Portal Member
September 7, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am trying to get my ipimp installation to work properly. I have some installation errors and what to seem some random errors.

My setup
- one seat Mediaportal installation on my HTPC with Windows XP
- ipad that should make use of ipimp

Installation errors
I have installed ipimp, but I get some error messages of which I don't know what the problem is and how to solve it. The pictures below show the installation.

screen01sep171324.jpg

screen02sep171324.jpg

screen03sep171324.jpg

screen04sep171325.jpg

screen05sep171325.jpg

screen06sep171326.jpg

screen07sep171326.jpg

screen08sep171327.jpg

screen09sep171330.jpg

screen10sep171331.jpg

screen11sep171331.jpg

I have chosen port 8090 to access ipimp from an external address. I have routed it in my network router. And it works, I can access it from outside my network.

For the IP address to listen to, I still don't know what to enter there. Should that be the address of where ipimp will be accessed from? And if that is an external ip, should I enter my router's ip?

URL reservation failed
I have tried to follow the online FAQ that mentions the error. And that I should install the XP support tools. I did, but the thing is, I cannot use httpcfg and I cannot find it anywhere on my harddisk! (dir httpcfg.exe /s)

FUBAR
I am able to access ipimp from my ipad from outside my network, but from time to time I get FUBAR messages, just like the one below.

photoljo.jpg

This one bugs about SmoothStream (when querying the stream status), but if I go to a channel, select to stream it, it will stream. And after stopping it and going back to the status, it shows no errors anymore.
But I also had once before that it gave at every status screen a similar error. What is causing it and how can I solve it?

Flickering screen
A minor issue is while browsing through ipimp on my ipad, the screen flickers a lot. I have tried both Safari and iCab mobile. Is this a general bug?

So I would like to resolve:
- the installation errors
- random inaccessability (with FUBAR messages)
- flickering of ipimp on my ipad

Oh and a final question:
I will upgrade my htpc soon and I would like to know if it is possible to take advantage of hardware mp4 encoding, with the help of a video card. Is it possible to use e.g. CUDA?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Most of these questions have been answered in this forum or are on the iPiMP wiki. Could you review those and come back if there's anything outstanding.

:D

mightymauz

Portal Member
September 7, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think I have found some solutions, and I can try em tomorrow. But I am still in the dark about the ip address to listen to that I have to enter.

The installation manual says:
The IP address is the network address used by the apache web server to listen for requests, by default this will be all IP addresses on your PC.
The combination of IP address and TCP port has to be unique for your web server to work so if you have other web servers installed then the combination of IP address and TCP port may already be in use and you should select either a different IP address or TCP port.
I don't have any knowledge on Apache. But I do service my own home network, with a router and 8 computers. The router is on 192.168.1.1 and the HTPC is fixed on 192.168.1.112. Should I enter 192.168.1.112 or what do you mean by "the address to listen to for requests"?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
From inside your own network you should use your HTPC's IP address, so 192.168.1.112.

From outside your network you should use your ISP provided IP address.

mightymauz

Portal Member
September 7, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I got a new system and also upgraded to Windows 7. Everything works great now, thank you for this wonderful porgram.

And for the ip, i still took the internal address, because it didnt want to take a dyndns address. It still seems to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom