Installation failure on TV Server when doing single seat installation (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm trying to install MediaPortal 1.27 on a machine as a single seat installation but keep getting the following error dialog:

1615229780478.png

Does anyone know what this means and what I should do. The machine has TBS6205 cards installed and Realtek digital audio.

I'm trying to run TV Server Configuration when I get the error and TVService is running okay.

Here are the logs.

Tony

Attachments

• SetupTV.log
      2.9 KB
    • SetupTV-Error.log
      776 bytes
    • TVService.log
      6.9 KB
    • TVService-Error.log
      1.5 KB
    Last edited:

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I did a complete uninstall on 1.27 and tried to re-install 1.27 which failed.

I then did a complete uninstall and installed 1.26 which installed successfully.

I hope the log will help someone understand what went wrong with the 1.27 install because this was a virgin install and might happen elsewhere.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I have now upgraded 1.26 to 1.27 successfully.

Therefore, I think there may be an issue with the 1.27 TV Server install when used for the first time.

Tony

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Therefore, I think there may be an issue with the 1.27 TV Server install when used for the first time.
    There installer is the same, whether you update or install from scratch, maybe a coincidence, or maybe the first time something interfered. :whistle:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Then I'm wrong, but in 1.27 nothing has changed in terms of setting the TV server as far as I remember. Although I could be wrong. :)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    There installer is the same, whether you update or install from scratch, maybe a coincidence, or maybe the first time something interfered. :whistle:

I did try to install 1.27 several times. Finally, I uninstalled MP completely with the setting that removes all MP registry settings as well. But 1.27 still wouldn't install.

However, 1.26 installed without any issues.

Do the log files give any help?

Tony

Samsonetty

December 9, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ich versuche auch die 1.27 zu installieren und bekomme immer die Fehlermeldung, aber ich hatte diese schon mit der Vorgängerversion, ich habe auch nicht mehr was zu tun, mein WINTV auf der Starbust Karte funktioniert, nichts, nur deine Software leider nicht
    fehler-media.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom