Installed newest CVS: No TV-card found (SW) (1 Viewer)

unknow21

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
jawbroken said:
If programming is your job and you are disappointed with the loss of software cards and you have looked at the MediaPortal source and seen that it is oh so easy to keep software card support, then why don't you offer to help and get software card support up to scratch?

It is not that the developers don't want to support software cards, just that they have other priorities that benefit more people and make the software much better.

So yes, if it is so easy then why don't you take a look at it and see if you can help?
What i try to say is:
It was easy to keep the function sw card.
I don't say it's easy to remove the bug.
I think it will be cool to keep the sw without any support. Only keep hte existing code, no new dev.

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
unknow21 said:
What i try to say is:
It was easy to keep the function sw card.
I don't say it's easy to remove the bug.
I think it will be cool to keep the sw without any support. Only keep hte existing code, no new dev.

The problem is that the keeping the existing code meant more hoops to jump through when the code was changed/optimised for HW cards. Although it may seem simple to just keep the existing code, ultimately it caused more work and wasn't worth keeping.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    YES!

SW-based cards are supported again!
    ... still; it won't recongnize mine... even though it did earlier...

Tried to play around with Graphedit, but I guess I'm not smart enough to figure out what to select...

Anybody with a Medion 7134 that can help?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Seems like they have started to re-add support but it wont be like it was again fortunately. There is no 'general' software card support so to speak, its identical to hardware cards in the sense it has specific entries for each card. People have to remember though, the minimum hardware still stands at a 2.8ghz though.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    the minimum hardware still stands at a 2.8ghz though.
    That might be "correct" if you have a Intel based rig, but I belive a AMD64 3000+ (running at 2 GHz) will do the trick, as AMD uses the clock cyclus in another way - and the fact that the memory controler is inegrated in the CPU, which makes latency much lower.

mayankel

Portal Member
    January 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Last CVS with SW support?

Cuold anybody tell me which is the last CVS with support for the SW tuner cards?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I belive all CVS from the news release will do the trick...

My card isn't supportet yet, though.... cant figure out GraphEdit either....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom