Installing over development build (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was talked into installing a DJBlu modification to MP 1.6.0 a few months ago. I then decided I didn't want it, and attempted to update to 1.7.0 a few weeks ago and said it couldn't update and had to be a new install, or words to that effect. In the past, a new install has not removed any scheduled recordings but is that still the case now that a new database is being used? My family and I have many regular recordings and would not want to lose the schedule.

Thanks.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Before I do a MePo update/replace I use Tv Server Config > Export to save my scheduled recordings in a XML file. I normally just save the schedules in a dedicated xml file, then do an import if needed. Do similar "just in case" backups of TV Series info. Most of the time the MePo update runs smoothly, but sometimes there are unexpected technical difficulties. See wiki

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...erver_Configuration/14_Import_Export_Channels

Last edited:

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I forgot about the export option. I'll do that, thanks.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I tried an export but it hangs and never creates an xml file. I guess I'll need to report this in the support forum.

[2014-06-01 01:49:10,491] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.Export(String fileName, Boolean exporttv, Boolean exporttvgroups, Boolean exportradio, Boolean exportradiogroups, Boolean exportschedules, Boolean exportsettings)
    at SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This error could be anywhere, and because you're using a custom version I can't provide a build that would allow us to locate and/or fix the error. In fact it is entirely plausible that the error is in the custom build itself.

Sorry, the only thing I can suggest is to try export only a subset (ie. only channels, or only schedules) and see what you can get out.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can export everything except the TV Channels and TV Groups. Would you know if I import the schedules after re-scanning channels, if the schedules will attach to the correct channels? Or is the channel and schedules database based on some ID that could be completely different?

But do I need to be concerned? Will selecting "Fresh Install" switch to the new database or continue to use the existing database? A "Fresh Install" in the past wouldn't lose TV channels and schedules.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Or is the channel and schedules database based on some ID that could be completely different?
    Yes, based on an ID.

But do I need to be concerned? Will selecting "Fresh Install" switch to the new database or continue to use the existing database? A "Fresh Install" in the past wouldn't lose TV channels and schedules.
    It depends what you do when you uninstal. I forget what the uninstal options are, but if you don't delete the database then you can reinstall without losing anything. Of course this assumes that the custom version you have installed at the moment didn't modify the database in such a way that the standard version can't use it.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The code only adds two new columns, one to the channels for sorting the custom LCNs for sort order and one in programmes to pick up the series ID from the header. Should not be a problem in installing native version over djblu's database.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think it happen on current code too for some reason, i think i have do something locally when it happen (but i'm not sure lol).
    I think that @doskabouter solve/detect also this issueo r at least talk about :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep : :)
    SHA-1: 10617afdfb7470b37094a5e12c4ed0aae7e9b134
    * Fork : Fix export setting (check for null ref for radio)

upload_2014-6-1_9-30-39.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom