Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

magnetism

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
magnetism
You are right but it's not missing ;) you can see that I modified TextPassThrough filter, to communicate with my implementation.

:oops: yes, missed that..
Great, that means it's 'just' bugfixing from this point on.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tested about 4-5 different mkvs. The all show the same graph in graphedit.

1. internal sub, one or more, doesn't work. No sub menu in MP
    2. file has internal sub + ext. .srt - can enable ext. subtitle through MP sub menu, embedded sub can't be enabled
    3. file has just an ext. sub, works fine

DXVA enabled and fully working on all files

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    New theory..

Embedded subs doesn't work with PDVD8.

Got this graph when trying with mpcvideodec.ax. All subs can be enabled through sub menu. Test file has two subs in it.

Edit: second test file has one embedded plus one ext. Both can be enabled :)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Ok,i've tested again on my Vista x64 and WinXP x86 but only with external subtitles and it's working great(cpu 1-2% instead of 25-45% with software decoder),configuration still not working but MP start without problems (i think the error when starting Configuration is because i'm using tv server so tv plugin version is different).
    In WinXP x86 i can connect to the remote graph with graph studio and is the same as the first one posted by mr. viggo (is this correct if i'm not using embedded subtitles?) but with Vista x64 i can't see the graph when i try to connect.
    Only one issue so far...if i'm goinin to a previous menu or even to basichome when i watch a video the subtitles are displayed over the MP interface instead of the movie overlay box (see attached screenshot).

:D for your work on this great implementation

Attachments

• External Subtitles with DXVA (MPC video decoder).jpg
      External Subtitles with DXVA (MPC video decoder).jpg
      267 KB

magnetism

Portal Member
    October 3, 2007
    Also happy to report I've gotten this to work. Using XP, latest SVN of mediaportal and the MPC Video Decoder filter. Seeing subtitles and getting acceleration.

Great job!

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same behaviour as Pretoriano. When minimizing full screen while plying video, text is not where it's supposed to be.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    If you want to use Configuration please use the attached TV Plugin.dll (for now i only tested with WinXP SP3).Please remember to backup your original file(under MP x:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows).

Please remember this is for testing only and MP developers are not responsible if any issue occurs

And now let's give CPP2005 a hand to make this better:D

Edit:Tested and is not working if you don't use a recompiled install package.Is working for me because i've reinstalled MP with my own compiled package.:sorry:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have the same behaviour as Pretoriano. When minimizing full screen while plying video, text is not where it's supposed to be.

That should be easy to fix bug, mainly needs some additional code to handle the non-fullscreen case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom