Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm just curious, how would this "hack" interfere with MPs internal sub engine regarding other containers/codecs when trying to show subs. Will .avi with subs work? DVD mpeg2?

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    .avi always worked with subs (since there is no DXVA for divx, xvid etc.)
    dvd also always worked with subs but without DXVA (i think). now it is possible to have DXVA while mpeg2 decoding. but since that is easy to decode mpeg2 without DXVA this really doesnt matter that much. the newer formats like h264, vc-1 benefit most of this new feature.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    dvd also always worked with subs but without DXVA (i think).

DVD has always worked with subtitles and DXVA. This is coming from MPEG2 decoders and DVD navigators.

Also DVB subtitles (teletext and bitmap based) have always worked with DXVA. No matter if the TV stream has been SD / HD / MPEG2 / H264 / MPEG4 (of course it has required the DXVA to be supported on the codec & HW :))

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    I'm just curious, how would this "hack" interfere with MPs internal sub engine regarding other containers/codecs when trying to show subs.
    The new engine is intended to replace DirectVobSub. So, it will work whenever DirectVobSub was working :)

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    dvd also always worked with subs but without DXVA (i think).

DVD has always worked with subtitles and DXVA. This is coming from MPEG2 decoders and DVD navigators.

Also DVB subtitles (teletext and bitmap based) have always worked with DXVA. No matter if the TV stream has been SD / HD / MPEG2 / H264 / MPEG4 (of course it has required the DXVA to be supported on the codec & HW :))
    Learned something today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom