Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Hi,
    I have small question. In my laptop I am using SMplayer (it can grab it here - SMPlayer - Downloads). This player has one useful future for subtitles. If you do not have proper subtitles. You can always grab it from Subtitles - download DivX subtitles from the biggest open subtitles database page by only two click.
    Can this future be add to MPC-HC subtitle's engine ?
    Cheers

That is not an issue for the MPC-HC subtitle engine but for MediaPortal itself. For TV Series this works via the TVSeries Plugin.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Few questions:
    1: this can be used with the mpc-hc x264 codec in Mediaportal?
    2: I can keep DXVA?
    3: Is there a guide somewhere how to use this?
    4: Are there any know problems with this?
    5: Can I finally throw away the external player :) ?

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    1: yes
    2: yes
    3: yes: decompress the patch in the mp directory. done. use mp like before.
    4: a few
    5: yes

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    zeebee..
    Sounds awesome, thanks for the quick answers! but, this will also work with the latest SVN?

And, I know you need to configure some stuff to get DXVA in MPC-HC, I'm kinda new to the whole H264 codec from MPC-HC thing and use it as external codec, but how can I configure the codec so it will have DXVA?

In the internal settings in MPC-HC you need to block codecs, and use custom EVR rendering. I wonder how to set this up in Mediaportal? Or do you know another H264 codec which will support DXVA by default?

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    If you have DXVA with your current setup, it will remain with subtitles and this patch. On the first page is the download for the latest SVN and also for VCRedist2008 which is needed.

It works for me fine with PowerDVD8 or MPC-Decoder and this patch.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    ok, just one thing: AWESOME!!
    works great, DXVA everywhere with subtitles.
    I will never change Mediaportal again :)

EDIT: is it true the subtitles won't be synchrone with the movie? Watched Heroes, and it seems the subtitles get behind. I did read it somewhere in this topic as well. Any known cause/fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom