Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
I noticed a very huge bug for me. It seems I finally found my cause of the random 0.5 second freezes or slow downs. It's this patch :(
When I have subtitles enabled, the screen randomly stops for like 0.5 seconds, or it stutters very quickly. It seems to be random, and it happens like every 10-15 seconds..

When I hide the subtitles, everything is fine. I really want to use this plugin though, but I can't seem to fix it, tried everything I can do (3 catalyst drivers 9.1/9.2/9.3).

Specs:
2GHZ dualcore (mobile)
3GB DDR2
Ati Radeon Mobility HD3450
Windows Vista
Vsync + EVR+ Aero
Latest version of Mediaportal, StreamedMP skin, this patch.
Have you tried 8.12 Catalysts? At least on Vista I think all 9.1-9.3 had at least partially broken HA. Just typical of ATI... With 8.12 DXVA HA works on both XP and Vista.

Few months ago 8.12 gave me some bad ass tearing, but I think that was because my lack of knowledge about EVR :)
Also, in MPC-HC itself, I don't have any problems at all. So there must be something wrong that causes this behavior. DXVA is enabled as it should..

But I will try 8.12 in a few moments..hopefully everything will be fixed.

EDIT: unfortunately, it doesn't work. Same problem, no changes. Also, with 8.12, in MPC-HC itself everything is fine. I tried to look if it is really random, but it appears not. It's only when subtitles are about to show, or are showing. Hard to tell. Maybe it has something to do with prebuffering? But I can't disable that in this version (can disable it in MPC-HC, but didn't disabled it since it is not necessary there)

falcy

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Can any of you guys help me a little step forward?

I'm struggeling from the moment i made my new htpc configuration (msi media live diva, 5050e processor, onboard hd3200)

On xp i have smoothless play but can't do that anymore cuz the amp of the live diva has no xp driver.

So i tried vista 32 and 64 bit , now i have windows 7 installed.

With kmplayer i can play hd movies for 90% fine but i want to do it without external player so only from within mediaportal.

So i saw this topic and i tried it out. I extracted the file (mpc subs engine - binaries for mp 1.0.1) in mediaportal directory.

If i play a movie now i still have around 70% cpu load so i don't think dxva is working, on the other hand i had subtitles on the movie (mediaportal, core avc is the only thing installed so no vfs filter ) so i guess that has something to do with this patch. Movie keeps hanging here and there like before

any help to get me on the right track will be very much appreciated.

edit: hello all btw, i see it's my first post in here . i'm mostly on dutch forums of mediaportal :)

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
Can any of you guys help me a little step forward?

I'm struggeling from the moment i made my new htpc configuration (msi media live diva, 5050e processor, onboard hd3200)

On xp i have smoothless play but can't do that anymore cuz the amp of the live diva has no xp driver.

So i tried vista 32 and 64 bit , now i have windows 7 installed.

With kmplayer i can play hd movies for 90% fine but i want to do it without external player so only from within mediaportal.

So i saw this topic and i tried it out. I extracted the file (mpc subs engine - binaries for mp 1.0.1) in mediaportal directory.

If i play a movie now i still have around 70% cpu load so i don't think dxva is working, on the other hand i had subtitles on the movie (mediaportal, core avc is the only thing installed so no vfs filter ) so i guess that has something to do with this patch. Movie keeps hanging here and there like before

any help to get me on the right track will be very much appreciated.

edit: hello all btw, i see it's my first post in here . i'm mostly on dutch forums of mediaportal :)

Make sure you use the right codecs.
Since you are on Windows 7,also make sure to use EVR rendering and if you gave an Ati card, set Vsync tyo " always on". I rec0ommend the SAF codec pack (it's in this forum in the codec section), and make sure to disable the function "USE MKV SUBTITLES" (since you use this patch). Video codec should be " MPC Video Decoder". I'm sure it'll work if you do this.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    from falcy:
    core avc is the only thing installed so no vfs filter

Core AVC is a software based decoder so you will never get DXVA with it.You should try using MPC Video decoder or Cyberlink H264/AVC decoder.

falcy

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    ty already , i gonna try it right away

The vsync is that in ati control center you mean or in mediaportal itself?

For the patch i just extracted that last file in my mediaportal folder that's all i have to do or i'm missing something?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    ty already , i gonna try it right away

The vsync is that in ati control center you mean or in mediaportal itself?

For the patch i just extracted that last file in my mediaportal folder that's all i have to do or i'm missing something?

I think he mean the vsync in Catalyst CC,but i never force that option.Yes,just extract the archive in Team MediaPortal folder and overwrite the files (is best to do a backup of those files first).

falcy

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    k what i did so far:

i installed the latest saf codecs (enabled dxva in registery)
    reinstalled haali media splitter
    in mediaportal h264 player is : mpc videodecoder

i played a movie but i still have around 70% cpu load and like before the movie stutter here and there.

I have aero on and in mediaportal EVR
    Still haven't found the force vsync option in catalyst control center.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    k what i did so far:

i installed the latest saf codecs (enabled dxva in registery)
    reinstalled haali media splitter
    in mediaportal h264 player is : mpc videodecoder

i played a movie but i still have around 70% cpu load and like before the movie stutter here and there.

I have aero on and in mediaportal EVR
    Still haven't found the force vsync option in catalyst control center.

Try this: Go to Video PostProcessing, add MPC Video Decoder, go to the properties page. Disable the FFMPEG options (so it basically is forced to use DXVA). Then it will work :) Unless your movie is not DXVA enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom