Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
I tried Reclock (just for fun) but it doesn't look that different then EVR+Aero?
It requiers lots of setup it seems. I couldn't get any digital sound with SPDIF (like DTS) and I had some issues in movies where I noticed speed fluctuations.
But I think EVR+Aero+Vsync+DXVA+Reclock isn't a good idea to begin with :)

You should read and even more important UNDERSTAND the readme that comes with Reclock before trying anything...

Quoted for truth lol :)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    tourettes:
    but why is not possiible to use vmr9 under Vista with Media Portal. Seem work fine but it crash the skin graphics
    when return to skin after playing a file.

EVR is more advanced video render than VMR9 is. Also we have such small developer team that we cannot support both fully so VMR9 is the first one to suffer. You need to remember that on Vista Directx9 EX is used and VMR9 cannot be handled on the exact same way as the EVR.

But basicly VMR9 should be worser or at most the same on quality wise when it comes to EVR (stuttering, color conversion, scaling...). mSo there is no really any good reason to use VMR9 under Vista.

I agree "half totally " (it's a leggendary Trapattoni joke , the soccer manager I'm sorry :D ).

I use Evr+Aero , I know it's the best choice. but using Sly's Reclock evr vsynch not work very well (with MP , in MPC-HC work fine). I have to set on the internal reclock vsynch correction to get a perfect and smooth play. with vmr9 there isn't no problem. so vista+evr+aero is almost perfect and support dxva. But vmr9 could be a backup option.

ThePlayerPPC

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use Coreavc in MP to play my 1080/720p mkv files but the subs aren't displayed.
    When i install this subtitels engine to my MP 1.0.1 installation will the subs workwith coreavc?

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I use Coreavc in MP to play my 1080/720p mkv files but the subs aren't displayed.
    When i install this subtitels engine to my MP 1.0.1 installation will the subs workwith coreavc?

CoreAVC is a software decoder and does not use DXVA (hardware acceleration). You are not getting subtitles because you have not set up the MatroskaSplitter and vsFilter correctly. See my MP install guide (in my signature) for details on setting that up correctly.

You should only be using the patch discussed in this thread if you are using a DXVA-capable video decoder (such as MPCVideoDecoder, Cyberlink's decoders).

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

CoreAVC is a software decoder and does not use DXVA (hardware acceleration). You are not getting subtitles because you have not set up the MatroskaSplitter and vsFilter correctly. See my MP install guide (in my signature) for details on setting that up correctly.

You should only be using the patch discussed in this thread if you are using a DXVA-capable video decoder (such as MPCVideoDecoder, Cyberlink's decoders).

Why? this new sub engine work also with sw decoding based htpc. Probably he haven't setup on the "autoload" subtitle option.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Sorry but u are wrong,this subtitle engine is working great even without DXVA capable video decoder so DXVA is not required,so np for normal xvid movies.;)

Hi Pretoriano, any chance you can update the sources in the first post as well?

The sources are still those on the first page,but i think you mean the patch...but like i've said before i'm not the dev of this engine so it's up to cpp2005 updating the sources and the diff too.:sorry:
    And right now i think cpp2005 is trying to fix some issue so we could expect a new version anytime.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bummer 1 ... didn't know dxva doesn't work with CoreAVC. Strange though, my cpu usage is 30% lower in planet earth than it was with vsfilter.
    Bummer 2 ... mpc-hc only works with nvidia and ati, here I am stuck with my intel i965 which is dxva capable but not supported
    Bummer 3 ... I hoped i could play embedded subtitles in .m2ts files with this plugin (since complete blu-rays in the interal mediaportal player doesn't work).

Bummer 4 ... they cancelled sarah conner, not mediaportal or plugin related, but a bummer none the less :D

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Updated first post with new version:
    - added advanced options, for those with stuttering problem, try to reduce texture resolution.
    - added support for different subtitles engines. Currently it is possible to select between MPC-HC and DirectVobSub (or disable subtitle support entierly).
    - DirectVobSub engine has some enhancements and bug fixes: support any number of embedded and external subtitles at the same time, delay support.

Pretoriano can you update mediaportal binaries?

jstutman

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    I can confirm the patch for MP 1.0.1 works perfectly on my system: I get DXVA with subtitles (which I can't with SAF only).

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Integrated Ati HD3200
    Vista Home Premium
    Catalyst 9.3
    MediaPortal 1.0.1
    Blue3Wide
    SAF 3.47 (latest)

The "patch" is mp_Src.zip extracted into the directory?

If not, what is the patch I need?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom