Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What's the default value for buffer in the advanced settings?

the value is 3

Thanks. And can you tell me what the default resolution is? Mine was set to 640x480, which looks like crap on my widescreen plasma. The fonts were all stretched. I assume because of the different aspect ratio. Maybe if the default is going to be something other than "Desktop" it should default to a value that is the same aspect radio of the user's screen.

Or better yet, instead of specific resolutions, just let the user choose between Low, Medium, and High. Each of those values would represent a resolution that is the same aspect ratio as their screen when playing back videos. Then add a Highest option and make that the desktop resolution. The specific resolution isn't going to mean anything to your average user. Heck, I consider myself an advanced user and I don't really get it. The subtitles look the same to me on all resolutions as long as I pick a widescreen one.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    the default resolution should be 800x600. for 16/9 try 854x400. the mpc-hc related engine have checked the "rounded to the power of 2" too. MP engine not.
    But I'm not sure about its mean.

What's the default value for buffer in the advanced settings?

the value is 3

Thanks. And can you tell me what the default resolution is? Mine was set to 640x480, which looks like crap on my widescreen plasma. The fonts were all stretched. I assume because of the different aspect ratio. Maybe if the default is going to be something other than "Desktop" it should default to a value that is the same aspect radio of the user's screen.

Or better yet, instead of specific resolutions, just let the user choose between Low, Medium, and High. Each of those values would represent a resolution that is the same aspect ratio as their screen when playing back videos. Then add a Highest option and make that the desktop resolution. The specific resolution isn't going to mean anything to your average user. Heck, I consider myself an advanced user and I don't really get it. The subtitles look the same to me on all resolutions as long as I pick a widescreen one.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    ok, did some testing with several movies I had the stutter problems in. With the 848x600 (or something) resolution (which looks perfect) and the framebuffer set to 10, I don't notice any of the problems I had. Guess for me the issue is resolved, everything works great :D

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    When I tried to switch subtitle in subtitle page, the color turns white (readable though) Not sure this because of the skin or the MPC-HC subtitle engine. But when I don't use this engine, it doesn't happen

3484823155_ef702f6f7f_b.jpg

DAx_dk

Portal Member
    July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Actually it never happened until I installed MPC-HC subtitle engine, and I haven't installed moving pictures or TV-series. I'm using My Films for that computer. Thanks

hmm, I have it also. But I just assumed that it was because of the previous mentioned issue...

Haven't got a clue.:(

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    ok, did some testing with several movies I had the stutter problems in. With the 848x600 (or something) resolution (which looks perfect) and the framebuffer set to 10, I don't notice any of the problems I had. Guess for me the issue is resolved, everything works great :D

Thanks for your report.
    red5goahead, did I understand you right and 854x480 texture resolution solved your stuttering problem?

arryo said:
    When I tried to switch subtitle in subtitle page, the color turns white (readable though) Not sure this because of the skin or the MPC-HC subtitle engine. But when I don't use this engine, it doesn't happen
    Will check that, what skin are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom