Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks ccp2005! But when choosing DirectVobSub I guess you won't have DXVA anymore, right?

Yes, thats true as it is the architecture limitation on DirectVobSub side. The reason why MPC HC subtitle engine was started to integrate in the first place :p

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I use Evr+Aero , I know it's the best choice. but using Sly's Reclock evr vsynch not work very well (with MP , in MPC-HC work fine). I have to set on the internal reclock vsynch correction to get a perfect and smooth play. with vmr9 there isn't no problem. so vista+evr+aero is almost perfect and support dxva. But vmr9 could be a backup option.

You know that you shouldn't be using v-sync correction with EVR as EVR is already having good v-sync placing. The thing reclock could be still used is to resample the audio to match video clocks (if your systems has drifting between audio and video clocks).

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Updated first post with new version:
    - added advanced options, for those with stuttering problem, try to reduce texture resolution.
    - added support for different subtitles engines. Currently it is possible to select between MPC-HC and DirectVobSub (or disable subtitle support entierly).
    - DirectVobSub engine has some enhancements and bug fixes: support any number of embedded and external subtitles at the same time, delay support.

Pretoriano can you update mediaportal binaries?

THX for the new version,binaries on the first post are now updated.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I use Evr+Aero , I know it's the best choice. but using Sly's Reclock evr vsynch not work very well (with MP , in MPC-HC work fine). I have to set on the internal reclock vsynch correction to get a perfect and smooth play. with vmr9 there isn't no problem. so vista+evr+aero is almost perfect and support dxva. But vmr9 could be a backup option.
    You know that you shouldn't be using v-sync correction with EVR as EVR is already having good v-sync placing. The thing reclock could be still used is to resample the audio to match video clocks (if your systems has drifting between audio and video clocks).

yes I know, but evr vsynch not work with media portal and reclock . Mpc-HC+Reclock work, MP+evr+Reclock doesn't work.
    Do you think Media Portal is able to play smooth a 23,976 fps on a 50HZ/60HZ monitor/tv no 24p compliant without Reclock? is yes please tell me how.. :D

Thanks ccp2005! But when choosing DirectVobSub I guess you won't have DXVA anymore, right?

Yes, thats true as it is the architecture limitation on DirectVobSub side. The reason why MPC HC subtitle engine was started to integrate in the first place :p
    That's what I thought: the only reason I use this patch is for DXVA :)

imho not. this patch could be able to avoid any external subtitling engine and make embedded an important feature . newbie users should be happy for that.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    yes I know, but evr vsynch not work with media portal and reclock . Mpc-HC+Reclock work, MP+evr+Reclock doesn't work.
    Do you think Media Portal is able to play smooth a 23,976 fps on a 50HZ/60HZ monitor/tv no 24p compliant without Reclock? is yes please tell me how.. :D

v-sync doesn't have anything to do with the video speed up that reclock is able to do. So, enable reclock, but just disable the v-sync correction.

Also this is getting way off topic, so please open a new thread if new posts on this topic are needed.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

v-sync doesn't have anything to do with the video speed up that reclock is able to do. So, enable reclock, but just disable the v-sync correction.

Also this is getting way off topic, so please open a new thread if new posts on this topic are needed.

Also opened

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...55/guide-stutter-free-playback-reclock-45834/

but the question never aswered.

Anyway you 've right. back to the topic.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    The new version fixes my stutterproblem, thanks! I did set the buffer to 10 and resolution to 640x480. It works great. Need to check if it's the buffer or the resolution which fixes the problem, but didn't had time yesterday. I hope it's the buffer though, since 800x600 looks nicer/smaller (if it isn't the buffer I can live with it though).

The perfect mediacenter is a step closer again :)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The new version fixes my stutterproblem, thanks! I did set the buffer to 10 and resolution to 640x480. It works great. Need to check if it's the buffer or the resolution which fixes the problem, but didn't had time yesterday. I hope it's the buffer though, since 800x600 looks nicer/smaller (if it isn't the buffer I can live with it though).

The perfect mediacenter is a step closer again :)

Yes

I've tested some days ago. I've tried 6 as buffers value and 854x480 as resolution. My thought is the
    resolution the key. because I've tried 6 as buffers and desktop as resolution with no result.
    even if 854x480 isn't a good resolution.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    It''s still weird though. In MPC-HC itself resolution doesn't matter, since everything is fine. Maybe it's something about Mediaportal internal player which uses more resources on the videocard because it has a nice PNG OSD and stuff like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom