Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried skimming this long tread, but didn't find it. Is this subtitle engine included in 1.0.2 or do I have to apply the patch myself? Thanks :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried skimming this long tread, but didn't find it. Is this subtitle engine included in 1.0.2 or do I have to apply the patch myself? Thanks :)

You have to download the binaries from the OP, extract the files into your MediaPortal directory and then the MPC-HC subtitle engine will show up in MP Config (under videos)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for the answer, I downloaded the binaries and preliminary test looks promising :)

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I find myself always having to set the delay for the subtitles at 1000ms. Otherwise the subtitles are just too early. This is with nearly all of the MKVs I've tested with that have subtitles within the MKV container.

Anyone else notice the same behavior?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I find myself always having to set the delay for the subtitles at 1000ms. Otherwise the subtitles are just too early. This is with nearly all of the MKVs I've tested with that have subtitles within the MKV container.

No problems here, except for a slight out-of-sync now and then.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Are you using EVR?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Are you using EVR?

I was, but since EVR is giving me blacklevel issues i went back to VMR9 2 days ago. But only had a slighty out-of-sync with EVR, which could be because i've got an A/V Receiver (with lip-sync) between my HTPC & Panel.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Are you using EVR?

I was, but since EVR is giving me blacklevel issues i went back to VMR9 2 days ago. But only had a slighty out-of-sync with EVR, which could be because i've got an A/V Receiver (with lip-sync) between my HTPC & Panel.

The timing only seems to be an issue with EVR not VMR9 (even in the code there's a comment that says "set sample time (set from EVR presenter, not used in case of vmr9)").

Your AVR has nothing to do with it, since it can't sync the subtitles to the audio, only the audio and video can be sync'd by the AVR and in this case the subtitles are part of the video stream by the time they make it to your AVR. I have a Yamaha that does lip syncing as well, but that makes no difference.

So, again, I would like to ask all EVR users: do you also notice that the subtitles are about 1 second early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom