Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So, again, I would like to ask all EVR users: do you also notice that the subtitles are about 1 second early?

I prolly wasn't clear enough, my bad. With the out-of-sync i was refering to the video & audio out-of-sync, not the subtitles. Those are set to the standard 250ms off-set.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So, again, I would like to ask all EVR users: do you also notice that the subtitles are about 1 second early?

I prolly wasn't clear enough, my bad. With the out-of-sync i was refering to the video & audio out-of-sync, not the subtitles. Those are set to the standard 250ms off-set.

Um, what standard 250ms offset are you talking about? In MediaPortal Configuration under Videos->Subtitles? That 250ms default is for the "Delay interval". It just means that when/if you increase or decrease the delay with the keyboard buttons it'll change by an interval of 250ms. By default the initial delay is always 0ms, i.e. no delay at all.

Methinks you are confused...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

You are totally correct damaster ;) I'm so fed up with another problem i'm having (blacklevel issues with EVR inside MP, not outside with MPC-HC) that i'm mixing up things now ;)

So:

1. EVR enabled in MP gives me NO subtitle out-of-sync (only a slight audio/video out-of-sync)
    2. VMR9 enabled in MP give me NO subtitle out-of-sync

:D

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

You are totally correct damaster ;) I'm so fed up with another problem i'm having (blacklevel issues with EVR inside MP, not outside with MPC-HC) that i'm mixing up things now ;)

So:

1. EVR enabled in MP gives me NO subtitle out-of-sync (only a slight audio/video out-of-sync)
    2. VMR9 enabled in MP give me NO subtitle out-of-sync

:D

Not sure what your black level problems are: I am running an ATI GPU and have it set to "Studio" color format, and let it compress all the levels to 16-235. That way I don't have to worry about any decoder-level black level settings. Everything looks the same in MPC-HC, MediaPortal, VMC, etc.

As for my subtitle sync issue: I have no idea why, but in all the videos I've tested the subtitles seem to be a second early. Of course, syncing subtitles seems to be subjective :D, e.g. maybe some people like to see the words before the person starts to speak while some others (like myself) only want the words to appear while the person on-screen is speaking!

I'm going to play around with the syncing issues some more tonight and let you know how it goes.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure what your black level problems are: I am running an ATI GPU and have it set to "Studio" color format, and let it compress all the levels to 16-235. That way I don't have to worry about any decoder-level black level settings. Everything looks the same in MPC-HC, MediaPortal, VMC, etc.

Check out this topic for blacklevel issues. Curious if you experience the same with your ATI card.

Good luck on the sync-problem. :oops:

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Check out this topic for blacklevel issues. Curious if you experience the same with your ATI card.

I posted a reply in that thread hoping it will help some of you that are experiencing black level issues.

As for the subtitle sync issue: I patched my system by setting the delay initially to 1000ms as soon as the subtitles are enabled. This brings the subtitles for the majority of my videos perfectly in sync and I only have to adjust slightly for a minor few other videos. :D

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Ati configurarion on my system (hdmi and ati 3850)
    for the pixel format . Hope this help.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi.
    I installed cronos light pro as font, but it isn't recognized by MPC-HC in mediaportal. Seems like it just recognized the normal fonts. It's working normal when using DirectVobSub or standalone MPCH. So i guess this is kind of a bug?

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    1stdead
    Do you mean you are not seeing it in the list of fonts, as presented by font selection dialog?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1stdead
    Do you mean you are not seeing it in the list of fonts, as presented by font selection dialog?

Indeed yes. I'm adding some screenshots to this.

- First one is from directvobsub's external settings.
    - Second one is from MPCH internal MP settings - and the same would have been shown with directvobsub.
    - Last one from MPCH itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom