Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (3 Viewers)

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
I have tested the latest binaries posted on the first side. The subtitles are not in synch anymore using this files. The older version works fine.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Right dshowhelper.dll was an old version - sorry, fixed in the first post.

zork17
    OK I will add position adjust feature.

Thanks fot the attention.

It is not a matter of a specific subtitle. Any movie with any subtitle can present the problem. Actually, the problem happens even if subtiltles are off (subtitles are in the mkv, but not showing)

Problems occur at different parts of the movie. The same movie can freeze at let's say 4 minutes or at 10. It can freeze many times, just once or never. Again, that with the same movie.

If you don't have any idx/sub, please let me now and I'll attach some.

I never had this problem. Did you try lowering texture size or any other options?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Right dshowhelper.dll was an old version - sorry, fixed in the first post.

zork17

Thanks fot the attention.

It is not a matter of a specific subtitle. Any movie with any subtitle can present the problem. Actually, the problem happens even if subtiltles are off (subtitles are in the mkv, but not showing)

Problems occur at different parts of the movie. The same movie can freeze at let's say 4 minutes or at 10. It can freeze many times, just once or never. Again, that with the same movie.

If you don't have any idx/sub, please let me now and I'll attach some.

I never had this problem. Did you try lowering texture size or any other options?

new dektop/medium/low option. I had 850x400 resolution. is medium the new choice?

zork17

Portal Member
    May 6, 2009
    zork17

Thanks.
    To be useful this feature should be changed in some way during watching (and not only through Configuration.exe), since, as I said before, the problem exists for non 16:9 BDs only. For 16:9 BDs and MKVs the subtitles are placed OK on the video.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do you have "Round to power of 2" option checked? I think it was on by default in old version, while in new version it is off.

I didn't know about this option so I never touched it. It was off by default. I tried it both on and off but unfortunately it didn't have any effect. I installed the newest version and it also got the same issue - power of 2 on/off.

Does it work for you or have you seen the problem?

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    How to install the files...

How to install the files:
    mp_Src.zip
    mpc-hc_subs_Src.zip
    MPC subs engine - Binaries for MP 1.0.2.rar
    I used MediaPortal 1.0.2.0.
    My question is due to not fully understand the English language.
    :sorry:

:oops:
    Ok. I unrar the file MPC subs engine - Binaries for MP 1.0.2.rar in the folder C:\Program Files\TeamMediaPortal\.
    Works fine.
    :D

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    new dektop/medium/low option. I had 850x400 resolution. is medium the new choice?
    854x480 is medium for 720p resolution. General rule that medium is 2/3 of your resolution while low is 1/3.

Do you have "Round to power of 2" option checked? I think it was on by default in old version, while in new version it is off.

I didn't know about this option so I never touched it. It was off by default. I tried it both on and off but unfortunately it didn't have any effect. I installed the newest version and it also got the same issue - power of 2 on/off.

Does it work for you or have you seen the problem?

I tried to guess what may caused different scaling with old and new version, as it seems to me "power of" was the only difference.

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @thepahakurki

The files were updated again, now the subs are in sync again. :)

Well at least for me they're not in sync. Previously the subs were early for about a second.
    With this new version posted 29.5, they are early for 2-3 seconds!

Does anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom