Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried to guess what may caused different scaling with old and new version, as it seems to me "power of" was the only difference.

What also differs is the possibility to set a fixed resolution. In the earlier version I guess it was just set to "Desktop". If I'm playing a 2.40:1 movie on a 16:9 screen it should still use the 16:9 aspect ratio but shrink it to fit the 2.40:1 video (excluding left and right sides). Feels like the current version just squeeze it vertically, which gives an incorrect aspect ratio.

camoura

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    I never had this problem. Did you try lowering texture size or any other options?

Watched another movie with idx/sub and it froze several times. I converted idx/sub to srt, muxed again and started waching the same movie. No deal. It froze again several times.

It appears it is not because of idx/subs. It must be something else. Maybe something with my system as no one seems to have this problem.

I don't know whoelse to turn to.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    new dektop/medium/low option. I had 850x400 resolution. is medium the new choice?
    854x480 is medium for 720p resolution. General rule that medium is 2/3 of your resolution while low is 1/3.

Do you have "Round to power of 2" option checked? I think it was on by default in old version, while in new version it is off.

I didn't know about this option so I never touched it. It was off by default. I tried it both on and off but unfortunately it didn't have any effect. I installed the newest version and it also got the same issue - power of 2 on/off.

Does it work for you or have you seen the problem?

I tried to guess what may caused different scaling with old and new version, as it seems to me "power of" was the only difference.

Thanks for your efforts cpp2005. Can you please post the 1.0.2 source code changes or a patch file for us other devs who want to apply this patch together with our other patches?

Thanks in advance!

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Yes, the sources are updated for 1.0.2 (patch missing files are new files, they are in zip as well).

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Edit: the ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN and ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_PLUS keyboard shortcuts DO WORK. My mistake.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does anybody have a link to the binaries for MP 1.01?
    (I tried MP 1.0.2 but with that TV Server version I am having problems)

Or can I use the 1.0.2 binaries with MP 1.0.1?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have started to write the 1.1.0 ALPHA release news and i could not find the mantis issue about this subtitle engine.
    0002155: Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Reason why i did not find it is that it does not show up on the changelog in mantis.
    Reason for that is that "fixed in version" was not set to anything.

Please always set this or it will not show up on the changelog at all.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom