Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
dmat: I don't think that feature exists as of yet, although it has been requested by many (myself included).

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi.
    Is it possible to play external subs as forced if they're named like <movie name>.Eng.Forced.srt?
    If it is not supported can you add it in future release?
    By the way, internal forced subs works well, am I right?

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    MP 1.1 beta.
    I still have problems with PGS subs in m2ts files.
    PGS subs do not shown properly neither with Haali nor with MatroskaSplitter.ax (standalone splitter for MPC-HC).

In case of Haali - I do not see these subs at all.
    In case of MatroskaSplitter - initially I see the first subs (for example, English), also I can switch to the second subs (for example, Frech) and see them, next I can switch to "No subtitles" - and after that I cannot see any subs after switching to them.

How can I fix it?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is only one thing I couldn't find how to configure: subtitles position...

I'm using StreamedMP skin (not sure if it's only in that skin (probably not)), but when i'm in the main menu and go to 'settings' and select 'screen setup' and walk through those settings, at a point there is a line showing the hight of the subtitles and you adjust it there (up & down). Not sure if it's skin related, but worth a try ;)

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Hi,
    I just tried to integrate subtitle engine and it seems that I have a problem with the dynamic refresh rate changer.

I have
    MP 1.0.2
    SAF 4.0 beta 8
    CCC 9.5

In the refresh rate changer I start the ATI CCC command to change refresh rate and it works good.
    When integrating subtitle engine it tries to change refresh rate but then ending in the starting menu of MP.
    After this I can start the .mkv and subtitles show up.

Can somebody help me please

br
    bart

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Perhaps this can be of interest to somebody.

I stumbled on a bug (can somebody confirm this?) and looked for a solution and found one that solved the internal/external subs issues.

I managed to setup MP v1.02 in such a way with MPC-HC and DirectVobSub that it currently plays anything with internal and external (or both) subtitles with CUDA ('Compute Unified Device Architecture', improved architecture and better than DXVA) enabled (of course CUDA only if the movie format allows hardware acceleration).

[Alleged BUG] In the MP Video configuration I finally needed to choose DirectVobSub over MPC-HC because MPC-HC has subtitle synchronisation issues with 1080p MKV's.
    I tested it for 5 hours with different MKV's in different setup's (internal/external/mix subs, vobsub enabled/disabled (which shouldn't matter), etc...) but each time the subtitles were displayed 1-3 seconds too early (in case of internal subs) or too late (external subs in combination with a MKV with and without internal subs).
    And if you changed the subtitle language during play-time the delay would change randomly.[/BUG]

Thanks for the hint. I had a great sync issue with MP's internal (MPC-HC) subtitles. This happened only with VMR9 exclusive mode when used CoreAVC. I tried EVR and subtitles synced nicely, but there were other issues using it with XP (tearing, TV&DVD not working and blank screen after pause). DirectVobSub played subs ok, but it had problems with some codecs I used (+ it had great CPU load with CoreAVC). Unregistered and removed it and used MPC-HC with EVR for a while.

But what comes to CUDA.. I had to DISABLE it to solve my sync issue. Now I have the best solution for me (VMR9 exclusive mode & MPC-HC). I do clean install and switch to Win7 when MP 1.1.0 RC1 is out. Then EVR should work better in real mode (non SW emulated) and CUDA may enabled again too... :)

btw. Thanks for that great integration... I really like this subtitle engine and one filter could removed from graph now.

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    @ micko:
    Do you also use Dynamic Refresh Rate Changer?
    Because I have problems with Subtitle engine + Refresh Rate Changer.

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I must say that I'm running MP 1.0.2 with patched tswriter for sky uk epg, refresh rate changer and mpc subtitles, all working with dxva on win xp with ati 4550 and cyberlink powerdvd9 codec for h264. I was using coreAVC without dxva obviously but after an upgrade stopped because I get heavy blocking with it. I think they messed something up, or maybe my system is at fault, but pdvd codec works perfectly. I get no tearing, no sync issues, nothing. Everything plays pefrect, 720p, 1080p, 1080i...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom