Intelligent Frame Correction 2.0 *BEAST UNLEASHED* (1 Viewer)

MarkusB_MA

Portal Member
February 4, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a little problem with IFC. I use 4TR and when i call the Mini-EPG and IFC runs after a few seconds the Mini-EPG will freeze, some seconds later Live-TV stops and Mediaportal hangs.

Mediaportal.log gives the following information:

2010-05-10 13:58:59.298800 [Debug][(16)]: FrameGrabber: Timed-out waiting for grabbed frame!
2010-05-10 13:58:59.298800 [Debug][(16)]: I.F.C.: no frame were grabbed
2010-05-10 13:58:59.298800 [Debug][(16)]: I.F.C.: Found no bounds!

Same poblem with previous version of IFC.

The problem also occured in MovingPictures with running TV.

Skin is StreamedMP if this makes a difference to Blue-Wide or so...

Any ideas?

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a little problem with IFC. I use 4TR and when i call the Mini-EPG and IFC runs after a few seconds the Mini-EPG will freeze, some seconds later Live-TV stops and Mediaportal hangs.

Mediaportal.log gives the following information:

2010-05-10 13:58:59.298800 [Debug][(16)]: FrameGrabber: Timed-out waiting for grabbed frame!
    2010-05-10 13:58:59.298800 [Debug][(16)]: I.F.C.: no frame were grabbed
    2010-05-10 13:58:59.298800 [Debug][(16)]: I.F.C.: Found no bounds!

Same poblem with previous version of IFC.

The problem also occured in MovingPictures with running TV.

Skin is StreamedMP if this makes a difference to Blue-Wide or so...

Any ideas?

The log piece says nothing, only that something must happens before.
    When the Video/TV freezes IFC can't grab frames.

Clear the logs, reproduce the behavior and attach the full logs :D

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And when you disable IFC all works OK?

Your TVServer logs looks lil bit strange.

2010-05-10 19:42:46.612000 [(14)]: **************************************************
    2010-05-10 19:42:46.613000 [(14)]: ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 0, SIGNAL QUALITY: 98 *****
    2010-05-10 19:42:46.613000 [(14)]: **************************************************

Happens the freezing with all channels?

MarkusB_MA

Portal Member
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Signal Level 0 / Signal Quality 98" is driver-related. My first Card is a Cinergy S2, the driver delivers these values for all channels. The newest driver (doesn´t really work with MP) delivers 0 / 49 for all channels. I think this is more a cosmetic issue.

The problem occured on miscellaneous channels (haven´t testet all >100 channels).

I didn´t see the problem before installing IFC but i did some tests now with IFC disabled. Unfortunately i could produce it one time :( It took more time and attempts than with IFC enabled but it was there (at least 1 time). Seems to be an issue with the TV-plugin from 4TR that ist boosted by IFC. I´ll ask in 4TR-Forum if this problem is known.

:sorry:

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have heavy stuttering on all HD channels here.
    using dxva enabled win7 codec.

disabling IFC and the problem is gone.

task manager shows the same spikes with IFC enabled and no spikes when disabled.

I must be blind, but where do I tell the plugin not to be a wise guy and try to analyze HD material ?

/gibman

jimwin

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Strange, I am getting an "invalid package" when trying to install the MPE1 file. I'm on MP 1.02, does this only work with 1.1RC, or am I doing something stupid :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I think only solution to create a video analyzer plugin that wont disturb the video playback itself is to use pixel shaders to do the analysis work. This way the massive texture copy is not required (copying a texture from GPU memory to RAM is costy operation). Or maybe it would be possible to blt the video texture to a separate texture and then copy it asynchronously so that it wont affect the video rendering itself (or maybe this is already done and CPU spike is only result of the picture analysis itself).

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Signal Level 0 / Signal Quality 98" is driver-related. My first Card is a Cinergy S2, the driver delivers these values for all channels. The newest driver (doesn´t really work with MP) delivers 0 / 49 for all channels. I think this is more a cosmetic issue.

The problem occured on miscellaneous channels (haven´t testet all >100 channels).

I didn´t see the problem before installing IFC but i did some tests now with IFC disabled. Unfortunately i could produce it one time :( It took more time and attempts than with IFC enabled but it was there (at least 1 time). Seems to be an issue with the TV-plugin from 4TR that ist boosted by IFC. I´ll ask in 4TR-Forum if this problem is known.

:sorry:

No, problem.

task manager shows the same spikes with IFC enabled and no spikes when disabled.

I must be blind, but where do I tell the plugin not to be a wise guy and try to analyze HD material ?

/gibman

No you are not blind, the flag for HD isn implemented yet.
    Though, its really strange that some GFX-Cards handle this without problems (here GeForce 8500 and Intel GMA 950)

I think I'll implement it in the next version.

Strange, I am getting an "invalid package" when trying to install the MPE1 file. I'm on MP 1.02, does this only work with 1.1RC, or am I doing something stupid :)

You have to use the MpeInstaller (not MPInstaller)

try this manually packed archive https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ection-plugin-german-thread-ifc_for_1.0.2.rar

I think only solution to create a video analyzer plugin that wont disturb the video playback itself is to use pixel shaders to do the analysis work. This way the massive texture copy is not required (copying a texture from GPU memory to RAM is costy operation). Or maybe it would be possible to blt the video texture to a separate texture and then copy it asynchronously so that it wont affect the video rendering itself (or maybe this is already done and CPU spike is only result of the picture analysis itself).

I'm just using the framegrabber, maybe we could provide a better method to grab frames.
    Gemx, created a patch to set the size of the grabbing frame, this could help a lot, I'll create a beta version with his patch later.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Intelligent Frame Correction 2.0 *BEAST UNLEASHED*

No you are not blind, the flag for HD isn implemented yet.
    Though, its really strange that some GFX-Cards handle this without problems (here GeForce 8500 and Intel GMA 950)

I think I'll implement it in the next version.

Maybe then instead of having a checkbox "on/off for hd" you could implement a setting "on/off if num of lines > xxx" to give greater flexibility.

Cheers,
    grubi.

Does the option "Correct Aspect Ratio" has to be checked or unchecked if you want to keep the correct aspect ratio?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom