Intelligent Frame Correction 2.0 *BEAST UNLEASHED* (4 Viewers)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to set "zoom" for "4:3 Letterbox", but instead of zoom you should better use stretch otherwise the picture might not be right.

Well, I thought "4:3 Letterbox" is 4:3 picture with 16:9 content. So with my 16:9 TV "zoom" should give a Fullscreen picture, with "Stretch" I would get wrong aspect Ratio and still Black bars.
    I'm wrong?

But independently from this the main Problem is, that the "4:3 Letterbox" isn't recognized and only the "4:3" Rule is active/used.

I can't find the logs of IFC for better testing/checking it: Where do I find them and which options I have to set in MP / IFC Config?

In the meantime I'm using the "old" Version because it's doing fine...

4:3 Letterbox is 4:3 with single black bars (4:3 picture with 16:9 content) or double black bars (4:3 picture with 21:9 content).
    If black bars are found then the 4:3 Letter box rule is chosen and IFC crops the right amount of black bars.

You can find the logs in the user home folder, search for MediaPortal.log, enable debug level in MP config and verbose logging in IFC config.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    4:3 Letterbox is 4:3 with single black bars (4:3 picture with 16:9 content) or double black bars (4:3 picture with 21:9 content).
    If black bars are found then the 4:3 Letter box rule is chosen and IFC crops the right amount of black bars.

so it crops the black bars and then streches the remaining picture? then strech is OK. Otherwise zoom is correct. I used viewmodeswitcher untill now, it crops nothing just sets the correct view mode. I have to go through a rethink, I guess...

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

so it crops the black bars and then streches the remaining picture? then strech is OK. Otherwise zoom is correct. I used viewmodeswitcher untill now, it crops nothing just sets the correct view mode. I have to go through a rethink, I guess...

That's correct, you've got to forget about viewmodeswitcher logic. IFC is much more then that. It i.e. even zooms in where MP normaly stops with the zoom mode. :D

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    21:9 to 16:9 non linear strech

the current non-linear strech works only horizontal, I guess (for 4:3 to 16:9 strech), am I right?

With this plugin we would need a vertical non-linear strech (majority of people has 16:9 movies and majority of hollywood movies are 21:9)! Is there something like that exising or I miss something?

what´s your opinion about this?

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: 21:9 to 16:9 non linear strech

the current non-linear strech works only horizontal, I guess (for 4:3 to 16:9 strech), am I right?

With this plugin we would need a vertical non-linear strech (majority of people has 16:9 movies and majority of hollywood movies are 21:9)! Is there something like that exising or I miss something?

what´s your opinion about this?

Thats correct. If you watch 21:9 content on you 16:9 TV then you will still have black bars.
    You could do the same as Wouter, use the advanced view mode and set 12% to each side
    You could disable the option "Correct AR", but then you'll get a stretched picture (egg heads), but every time full-screen

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With your hints and explanations I get more comfort with the new Version: Thanks!

One thing I couldn't get to work: Settings files for Skin (StreamedMP). I made a copy of IFC_Settings and settings.xml of Blue3wide to Streamed directory, but can't see anything, just a empty screen.

What do I have to copy to get full functionalty or is it not possibel to do it in this way?

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    With your hints and explanations I get more comfort with the new Version: Thanks!

One thing I couldn't get to work: Settings files for Skin (StreamedMP). I made a copy of IFC_Settings and settings.xml of Blue3wide to Streamed directory, but can't see anything, just a empty screen.

What do I have to copy to get full functionalty or is it not possibel to do it in this way?

Hi!
    Marvman great plugin :D, now supported by the StreamedMP

r1294 - streamedmp - Project Hosting on Google Code

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom