Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn (1 Viewer)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn

If all this correction is done on your server it's irrelevant which client do you use...
    Currently all the advantages of the plug in are only for MP Client user, but if you use a Webinterface, a TV Desktop client ,XBMC or what ever you have to implement the same features in these clients.

What you use another client than the MP Client :eek:, just kidding.

The integration is impossible cause the source content won't be touched by IFC.
    Assume IFC operates on the server and manipulate the stream, the stream must be decoded, manipulate and re-encoded.
    For SD stuff it might be ok on newer machines, but not for HD stuff.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm enjoying using this plugin but have one question. In my setup I don't have a need for "my plugins" in my Home menu since I'd prefer to do any/all configuration through the MP config application and keep my Home menu simple. With this plugin installed I now have "I.F.C settings" displayed in my MediaPortal Home menu. Is there a way to remove this from the Home menu as I will never make changes to the IFC settings in this way.
    Thanks

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm enjoying using this plugin but have one question. In my setup I don't have a need for "my plugins" in my Home menu since I'd prefer to do any/all configuration through the MP config application and keep my Home menu simple. With this plugin installed I now have "I.F.C settings" displayed in my MediaPortal Home menu. Is there a way to remove this from the Home menu as I will never make changes to the IFC settings in this way.
    Thanks

+1

Simone

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks

Sure, simply go to the MP plugin configuration (right click on IFC GUI) and choose "use in plugin" or "show in plugins" (don't remember I'm at work). It's the same way for all Window Plugins.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Marvan, would be fine to have a way to completly hide the GUI config component. At least this is my wish ;)

:D

Simone

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just to make things easier for Marvman (as i already did this for a plugin not so long ago). To hide plugin you just modify result from method "public bool GetHome(". Something like this:

Code:
          if (OPTIONS::MenuHidden)
          {
            return false;
          }
          else
          {
            return true;
          }

;)

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for your replies everyone.

Just to be clear... in MP Config when I set the Intelligent Frame Correction GUI to "Listed in My Plugins" (because I don't want it in my Home menu), and in the MP Config "Home" plugin configuration I have "Show my Plugins" disabled (because I don't want My Plugins in my Home menu either), then the "IFC Settings" option is displayed in my Home menu.

SilentExcept, I reckon I'd lose what little remaining WAF I still have if I started to compile my own MP tweaks... sounds like some fun to be had though!!

cheers

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your replies everyone.

Just to be clear... in MP Config when I set the Intelligent Frame Correction GUI to "Listed in My Plugins" (because I don't want it in my Home menu), and in the MP Config "Home" plugin configuration I have "Show my Plugins" disabled (because I don't want My Plugins in my Home menu either), then the "IFC Settings" option is displayed in my Home menu.

SilentExcept, I reckon I'd lose what little remaining WAF I still have if I started to compile my own MP tweaks... sounds like some fun to be had though!!

cheers

Ah ok, I don't know that its working this way, then I'll put a flag into IFC to hide the GUI Button.

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hey, i'm really confused as to how to use this plugin

i've got it installed and working, but it just doesn't seem to be configured very well. some videos play just fine, and appear how i want them to. but LOADS do not. i downloaded this because i wanted a "it just works" solution, and i seem to have made things worse. now every time i press play it's a lottery as to whether the thing will even be watchable or not.

i have plenty of videos that seem to change mode every few seconds. episodes of "peep show" are particularly bad and always begin incorrectly, with the aspect ratio all wrong, then switching to the correct display mode, only to switch back again. this is pretty unpleasant behaviour, i'd rather it just decided what mode to display a video in and then left it alone (i guess this live switching would make more sense when watching live TV though)

also, 4:3 stuff is being displayed "fully zoomed out" as in actually 4:3 when i'd rather show it at 14:9

i know i can fix that in the advanced settings, but i started poking around and after several attempts of shutting down MP, opening up config, going into plugin setting, adjusting something, closing down, starting up MP, finding video, pressing play, shutting down MP, etc, etc, etc, i never got the results i wanted. the thing is, i don't know what the different aspect ratios actually look like (what's 4:3 letterbox rather than just 4:3?) and there's nothing to tell me what they are. no mention of any of this in the wiki. and then i have no idea what the chosen MP view setting will look like either - i normally just cycle through them until the picture looks right. i don't actually know what any of them "do" but the config here assumes that i do, and that i know them all perfectly. i don't!

i think the problem is mainly that the documentation is limited and i don't really have the patience to keep adjusting settings randomly to see what works. the "1-click config" simply does not work well enough, and the docs on the wiki don't really tell me anything. i've read the wiki start to finish 3 times now, and i still have no idea what i'm supposed to do.

also, MP config crashes upon opening with this plugin installed (a .NET crash, config still apparently works after closing the error dialog)

if anyone could point me in the direction of what i should be adjusting in config, that would be grand.

sorry if i sound grumpy, it's late, i'm not well, and i've been struggling with these settings for a few hours now, and it's making my head hurt.

now i've got the picture going all over the place. sometimes its all squished up to one side. sometimes it fills the screen. sometimes its all squished in the middle. this is horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom