Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn (2 Viewers)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Statick,

sorry for the discomfort.

For the different formats (4:3, 4:3 Letterbox etc, I will update the wiki). In the most cases this is a "just work solution". Normally you don't need to change the view modes for the aspect ratios (this is only for the pro's), In you case (without to have a look at your logs) I would suggest to higher the scan interval or detection counter.

If you want, then I could have a look at your logs (verbose logging must be enabled in the IFC config) and your configuration settings (you can export them).

best regards
    Martin

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    right, i just need this plugin to do this :

when i watch a video which is 16:9, it gets displayed in 16:9 aspect ratio so that it fills the screen and none of the picture is lost

when i watch a video which is 4:3, it gets displayed in 14:9 zoom so it almost fills the screen, and something is lost from the top and bottom

wider videos should be displayed full-width with black bars at the top and bottom

this is all. i don't watch tv, so i have disabled the black bar scanner (none of my videos have black bars)

but still the aspect ratio is wrong, and still changes as the video plays (peep show series 1 is 16:9 but gets displayed in a squished 4:3 box, then keeps changing as it plays). i guess the plugin is trying to intelligently guess the aspect ratio, when actually i just want it to choose the best display based on the video's proportions.

can you please tell me how to achieve this, or is this not what this plugin does? is this mainly just for people watching tv where there are often black bars?

oops, scrap that - the plugin settings weren't getting saved for some reason.

i've fixed that problem and now with the black bar scanner disabled, the video aspect ratio doesn't keep changing. however, it doesn't seem to matter what settings i put for the different aspect ratios in the advanced view mode, every video is being displayed as "normal" regardless of what i have chosen.

fixed - the problem seemed to be a setting in FFDshow which was resizing the video to the screen resolution. this must have been confusing the IFC plugin.

i have SAF 5.00 codecs installed, i hadn't set this resize setting myself so i can only guess its a default setting in either SAF or FFDshow.

anyway, disabling that setting has solved the problem. all videos are now displaying correctly. i've set the 4:3 resolutions to "14:9 zoom", and the other resolutions to "normal", and everything is working as it should

recommend adding a note in the docs to this effect, hopefully it'll prevent further headaches for other people

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Statick for clearing the situation, and yes the ffdshow settings must come from SAF, I'm using ffdshow too. but installed by my self and all settings are disabled by default.

Markos

Portal Member
    September 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hey,

I have written small wrapper that allows to load this plugin in MP 1.2 RC. The UI is not supported (but i have never used it anyway, as you can configure it in MP configuration), the process plugin gets sucesfully loaded.

This adds another plugin to configuration - IntelligentFrameCorrection-Compatibility. The original plugin will show as "not supported", but that is okay as long as my plugin is there and enabled.

Markos

Attachments

• IntelligentFrameCorrection-Compatibility.zip
      253 KB

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey,

I have written small wrapper that allows to load this plugin in MP 1.2 RC. The UI is not supported (but i have never used it anyway, as you can configure it in MP configuration), the process plugin gets sucesfully loaded.

This adds another plugin to configuration - IntelligentFrameCorrection-Compatibility. The original plugin will show as "not supported", but that is okay as long as my plugin is there and enabled.

Markos

Works great. Thank you very much!

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry Markos, that's for the ones who don't want to upgrade to IFC 2.0? If so... is there any reason for not upgrading?

I've been using IFC 1.0 with MP 1.1.3 for many years till yesterday. I upgraded to MP 1.2.0 RC and IFC 2.0, and I haven't noticed any problem with it... That's why I ask... Maybe there's a reason that I don't see.

Thanks.

Markos

Portal Member
    September 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have IFC 2.02 and it does not work in MP 1.2 RC because of new compatibility enforcement. It is shown as "incompatible plugin" and if you start MP, you get warning that the plugin is not supported.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom