Interest in North America XM Radio/Sirius internet plugin? (1 Viewer)

Which of these do you use/want support for?

• Total voters

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
installed it tonight and it works like a champ!! the audio quality is great as well - I am assuming you turn on the high bandwith automatically?

Anyway - well done.. 4 hours into it and 0 crashes!!

thanks!
jim

bradsjm said:
Unfortunately I have had no real time to work on this plugin lately so instead of making people wait I'm going to package a work-in-progress version with some caveats:

1. IT HAS NO ERROR CHECKING. If you give the wrong account information or there are any errors it may crash MediaPortal!

2. Favorites don't work

3. It doesn't clean up the cover art it downloads

4. It has only been designed using BlueTwo and will likely need to be modified to work in other skins.

On the other hand, it mostly works :)

http://mediaportal.nrgup.net/plugins/XMRadio.zip

Hopefully when I have time I can continue working on it.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
Lucky me I'm having problems with it.
It seems to log in ok, brings up the channels and shows what's playing but actually playing a stream seems to cause it to lock up.
It wouldn't be a big deal if it let me back out but once I start a stream it's stuck and won't go anywhere.

zswman

Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
Wow - this plugin is everything I had hoped for and more - it works great. I have not experienced any lockups - it logs-in flawlessly after the firt configuration w/ username- email/password and never has prompted me again. The ability to see what is playing on every channel at once is very cool, as is the SUPERB implementation of "sort by" and station category - very intuitive, very powerful in everyday use. I have not been bothered by the lack of "favorites" or the cleanup of coverart (I have another application that runs every night and deletes old files). The ONLY complaint (and everyone has to have one, right?) is that sometimes the station doesn't continue to display over the "view" when I change views - so when I'm flipping around I lose track of what station I am actually on.

If you're in North American and don't mind the $12.95/mo for >100 music/talk/comedy/news channels, you should get XM and get the FREE bonus of having it available through MP - you can't beat it.

oreo

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
Link not working again

Anyone know if this is gone for good? Another way of getting the plugin?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom