Interface messes up after finishing an episode (1 Viewer)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using StreamedMP currently

* Play a episode to end - works for me
    * Play a episode and stop before end - works for me
    * Enter Series/Season/Episode view and exit (with and without video playing) - works for me
    * Test all the above using different Views e.g. Poster List, FilmStrip. WideBanners - works for me

I have issues with List Banners; but not sure if this is me, as i had just been changing some of the view settings before trying your update

Attachments

• tvseries.JPG
      tvseries.JPG
      223.4 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It only worked for me on first load of TV-series, meaning that I start MP, then browse around other modules, enter TV-Series and there I see the descriptions, images etc.

Exit TV-series, go back to TV-Series, then they won't load until I have selected a series (and then go back to All/Unwatched/Channels etc).

This is how it looks when it fails to show content:
    tv-series-dump.jpg

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

* Enter Series/Season/Episode view and exit (with and without video playing) - works for me
    * Test all the above using different Views e.g. Poster List, FilmStrip. WideBanners - works for me

I have issues with List Banners; but not sure if this is me, as i had just been changing some of the view settings before trying your update

The Fanart Orientated style by Mattsk88 for TVSeries currently does not support WideBanners in ListView, if you use Spucks default layout this should work ok (I think).

Is your updated tv-series.dll to be used with the updated core.dll, or with the original?

The original, but the updated core should work I believe as well.

It only worked for me on first load of TV-series, meaning that I start MP, then browse around other modules, enter TV-Series and there I see the descriptions, images etc.

Exit TV-series, go back to TV-Series, then they won't load until I have selected a series (and then go back to All/Unwatched/Channels etc).

View attachment 32483

Strange, I haven't been able to reproduce that with StreamedMP. I will test some more with a few different skins.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

The Fanart Orientated style by Mattsk88 for TVSeries currently does not support WideBanners in ListView, if you use Spucks default layout this should work ok (I think).

Is your updated tv-series.dll to be used with the updated core.dll, or with the original?

The original, but the updated core should work I believe as well.

View attachment 32483

Strange, I haven't been able to reproduce that with StreamedMP. I will test some more with a few different skins.

I just tried it with StreamedMP and get same behaviour, only the list wil show, but this is only like 50% of the time. The rest of the time everything shows up nicely?

toastercooky

Portal Member
    July 22, 2008
    I'm having the same issue as pilehave with his skin (mediastream). When I load up tv-series for the first time, I see everything. If I exit out of tv-series and then go back in, only the titles of the shows and the fanart is displayed. After that if I go into the series view everything shows up just fine, and when I go back to all shows view it's still there.

Ideas? :p

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can only get poster view? I'm using Mediastream and it won't save my settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Does this help: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/series-listing-format-not-saved-52059/

If you are using the SkinSettings then change with-in the xml file, When Import is enabled in the XML this will be overriding any setting defined for that option in Configuration.

Note: Its planned that setting is only going to serve as a default a layout, when TVSeries supports being able to change layouts with-in MediaPortal there wont be a need to manually edit the XML.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean (well, actually I am sure I don't understand). I'm using the MediaStream skin, that one doesn't have a skinsettings xml (yet), so do I have to edit tvseries.xml? Ans what do i edit?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can only get poster view? I'm using Mediastream and it won't save my settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Does this help: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/series-listing-format-not-saved-52059/

If you are using the SkinSettings then change with-in the xml file, When Import is enabled in the XML this will be overriding any setting defined for that option in Configuration.

Note: Its planned that setting is only going to serve as a default a layout, when TVSeries supports being able to change layouts with-in MediaPortal there wont be a need to manually edit the XML.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean (well, actually I am sure I don't understand). I'm using the MediaStream skin, that one doesn't have a skinsettings xml (yet), so do I have to edit tvseries.xml? Ans what do i edit?

I recently (03/01) added the skinsettings-file to the package, but I can also upload it here if that'll help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom