Internet TV Stations Playlist (1 Viewer)

munklefish

Portal Pro
July 19, 2006
Re: Playlist Editor

madsrh said:
I know a little Visual Basic and with some help I've made my first real program. I call it "MediaPortal Playlist Editor".
It makes you able to add/delete/rename channels in your playlist files without Notepad.
I have NOT tested it with MediaPortal yet myself, so backup your files just in case :oops:

I hope you can use it (and that it works). You can download the test version here: (I will upload it to the download section if it's usefull)
http://www.filefactory.com/dlf/f/dffb18/

MadsRH

Sounds interesting but i cant find any link to download the file once on the download page.

Am i missing something?

Can you supply the source code so i can take a look? Is this an MP plugin and what language is it written in?

Thanks

bakra

Portal Pro
December 27, 2004
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Here are some other interesting streams. These are not really TV stations, but if you don't have the money for a fireplace or better: a house on the beach, where you can watch the sunset this may be your solution :p :idea: The only thing missing is to let MP play this streams in a loop. Have fun with your view on the beach! :D

cvax

August 12, 2006
im having problems accessing the playlists on the first post. is it just me or does the renamed .jpg to .pls not work due to the file being missing?

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The file looks fine here. I haven't tested it, but I can't see why it won't work. Please explaine what you did step by step so we can help solve the problem.

cvax

August 12, 2006
hmm i don't know what i was doing wrong earlier but i simple did the same thing i did an hour ago and now i've got the playlist. before it was giving me something about content missing etc etc. thanks

edit: oh i see what happened. the worldtv and musictv ones work but the radio one doesnt

dinki

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
Just an update, I've been working on the community based playlist database. After I started working on this I decided that it would probably gain more popularity (and thus have more updates) if I made it for the casual user and had the ability to export the lists in various PVR playlist formatting (currently GBPvr and Media Portal formats).

The list of features will include:

Casual User (ie no login):

Can view all tv/radio stations (with the exception of the adult channels), view stations with external players and can report stations as nonfunctional.

Registered User:

Can view all tv/radio stations (can view adult channels if they over 18 and want to view these channels), submit new stations, view stations with external players, rate stations, report stations as nonfunctional, add station to their favorite stations, can manage (add/delete) stations from their favorite stations, and can download their favorite stations in the playlist format of their choice.

Admin User:

Can do everything the registered user can do plus has the ability to remove nonfunctional stations from being displayed and included in user playlists as well as approve new submitted stations.

At some point I plan to write a program that will validate stations as being functional or nonfunctional to help keep everything up-to-date. I am also planning on having a way for registered users to automatically download their custom playlists daily if they so desire. This will keep everyone's playlist updated. I may also add the capability to have new stations that the user might like be added to the playlist (if you like Spanish news stations and a new one is added, it would add this to your playlist).

Currently I have a good bit done. Some of the things I have accomplished include populating the database with the tv playlist and have formatted the output. I've completed the user system and also the ratings. Ironically, I haven't added the 'add station' or 'edit station' functionality yet, but that will require very little effort.

I'm hoping to have the site open for beta testing some time next week. If anyone is interested in helping, please PM me.

Here's a screenshot to give you an idea of the formatting/general look:

grab.jpg

jabnet

Portal Pro
December 16, 2005
Spain
wow!!! :shock: it's the best way to handle internet tv stations i've ever dreamed !!!

I am waiting... PLEASE let us know when it is finished

P.D. cvax, sure, there is a problem with radio.jpg to download... unfortunately i'm not at home, and until fifteen days I wont be back. ASAP I'll upload file again, sorry (F*ck file server...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom