Intro for MP (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

powpowt1me said:
I submitted a patch a while ago to load the splash image from a gif (the mplogo.gif file) and optionally make the splash screen full screen, it's never been included but then it's not exactly high priority.

That would be interesting to see and try out.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D hi guys,

:wink: thanks Samsonite for your Heeeellloooooo,
    it funtion good. Your Hello seems have more Volume then my.

The idea was only for the Time who MP starts that are ca. 3-5 seconds

and the splash must be in a small file that it doesnt make the Starttime of MP longer like anygif.

Im in pare of MrMario64 that it doesnt make the Start of MP slower.

Greetings Harley

A

Anonymous

Harley said:
    :D hi guys,

:wink: thanks Samsonite for your Heeeellloooooo,
    it funtion good. Your Hello seems have more Volume then my.

hehe, I think it was the loudness of the scream... :D

I think it would be nice to have the possebility to test this. If we could just see if it is possbiel to do something that looks nice then it might be an option to inlcude this. Why not do a couple of test animations and post here so that we get the idea. I will see if I can get some time to do a nice animation that is small.

A

Anonymous

Built a box in 3d studio and put some textures on it. Now I could do an animation of it :)

testrender_big.jpg

A

Anonymous

Samsonite said:
    Built a box in 3d studio and put some textures on it. Now I could do an animation of it :)

That looks wicked. Have the box spinning and/or wobbling a bit, then once MP is ready to go have the lid open and the camera fly inside to reveal the front screen inside.

Or maybe have the back of the box have snapshots of all the activated plugins, spin/wobble the box then when MP is ready zoom into the picture on the box showing the main screen. When an option is selected zoom out to the box again then into the appropriate box picture.

With a proper coding interface model this type of UI could be an option for people running meaty spec pc's, and a dream for those who don't!

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) hi Folks,

i have made an Intro for mp in 3D .

:wink: it looks good

I have ported it as anygif, it works 3 sec , thereby it doesnt make the start of MP longer .

small Filesize 980 kb but good quality.

I dont have FTP Place so Samsonite will take it on his FTP for me.

I post it than here that you can have a look on it.

Greetings 8) Harley

A

Anonymous

For me this runs slowly and jerkily even from the local hard drive.

It should end up flat (2d) as though you are looking straight at it - as its hard to really see when it ends. Needs some colour, and would benefit from some snappy audio. Perhaps it would be better done using the wonderful and free "bink" utilities as a movie? OR in Flash? Should be easy to convert from your 3ds max animation.

Also, the text and objects are quite basic.

I will have to see if I can give a sample of what I mean rather than just criticise...in my head the final product rivals the Dolby Digital intro's that precede all good movies.... :D

A

Anonymous

Well, considering MP is made with DirectX, I think the intro should be done using directX.
    That would be the best for performance.

Users who are viewing this thread