IP/Web Camera Plugin (1 Viewer)

munklefish

Portal Pro
July 19, 2006
Hi,

Im currently working on a somewhat basic version of this, which will allow users to enter the ip adress of their cam, and view the image in MP.

The image will then update the image at regular intervals.

I'll let you all know when its ready!

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
cool... instead of just an image, would it be possible for us to, say, paste some HTML code which would then load in a IE or Firefox object?

That would allow us to add a video feed or something...

Actually, I favor IE a bit more, since the IE clients for most cameras tend to play nicer (at least the sony and panasonic ones that I have tried...)

Depending on how you currently plan on implementing this it might not be that difficult...

cheers

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    How about regular non-ip cams, just the cheap USB ones?
    Is there any plan to implement support for these?
    Considering how cheap they are nowadays, this would be a great benefit.

Traverse

Portal Member
    October 2, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I already use MP for viewing through an IP Camera :))

It is an Axis camera that provides a MPEG4 stream. I can watch this via a RTPU stream with the Radio plugin...

It supports a resolution to 640*480 so this is almost fullscreen.

And I agree that it would be nice to have a (separate) plugin support more normal non ip webcams as well !

fdask

Portal Member
    September 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't own an IP cam, so I'm not really sure how they work. Do you usually just point to their IP, and a built in webserver pumps out a webpage with a meta refresh on it? It's been awhile since I've worked with webcam streams online but I remember thats how a lot of the cam portals used to operate.

Is there some capability in MP to have it load an image and refresh it at a set interval?

ChuckWA

October 25, 2006
    Hi Folks,

I work for a company that makes IP camera managment software.

I also thought about writing this kind of plugin, and it should be very easy... specialy for MJPEG cameras. Getting the MJPEG stream from an IP camera is mostly CGI based an will give you a stream of JPEG images with a boundery for the next images.

BR, ChuckWA

FLY

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2006
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi Guys,

I also have an axis ip camera which gets jpeg imges. it has its own webpage.

any update on this plugin ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom