IP/Web Camera Plugin (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't intend to wait for MP 2.x, I'm already coding the configuration screen...
    Sadly I don't have a lot of spare time for the moment...
    Was my code of any help? I was hoping to use a dialog box for pip and refresh the the image if I could. I just remembered I was in the middle of converting it to a MP plugin, So if you change it back to a app it will run

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Quarter,

Didn't have the time yet, I've just created the layout for the config screen.
    I will sure have a look at your source code.

I'm not sure to use a dialogbox for the popup, that will depend on the features needed when the popup is displayed (e.g. switch to fullscreen, stop recording, ...).

Btw, got any wiser from the Skype source?

F.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Quarter,

Didn't have the time yet, I've just created the layout for the config screen.
    I will sure have a look at your source code.

I'm not sure to use a dialogbox for the popup, that will depend on the features needed when the popup is displayed (e.g. switch to fullscreen, stop recording, ...).

Btw, got any wiser from the Skype source?

F.

Never realy got into it, But the quick look I had at it seemed it was over my head (n)

ZeroX

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2005
    Karlstad
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have been gone from this forum for a very long time, saw this thread and I think I can be of alittle service!
    I work as a project manager and integrator of IP based security systems where IP-based cameras is something i work with daily.
    instead of trying to create and modify existing script to capture VMD events from a camera, i would strongly recomend you to take a look at software like
    Milestone XProtect Go, it is an video managment software that can record stream from a very large pool of cameras and has i very well developed API.
    the best part, that version of software is free! ( I do not work for Milestone).
    There is alot of other software out there, but i have not come across one with the same databse of cameras that work with it and at the same time is free!

Sadly enough I do not have the time to do any of the API integration...

lang

Portal Member
    December 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello,

i find new plugin. It`s very fine. I tested this plugin with My IP cam and my In-uild NTB cam. It`s 100% work with most IP cam, USB CAM, etc. . Maybe this plugin solved Your problem`s.

lang

Portal Member
    December 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have MP 1.2.3 (Upgrade from 1.2.2) and ISpy working - no problem.
    1.You must instal ISpy soft and configure CAMs in this soft on HTPC or other PC in local network
    2.Configure web setings and ip access and configure firewall.

I have ISpy soft in other PC with 2 Cams. One IP CAM and one inbuild WEB Cam.
    In HTPC i add in ISpy plugin configure one rows with ip and port - and voala both cams shows in MP.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just my two cents, I was looking for this functionality a few weeks back and found nothing and started writing my own (with severe trepidation about how video would work I might add).

Less than a week ago I 'found' iSpy, dowloaded installed and - well, let's just say I'm not bothering to write anything like this now.

My system is a series of room netbooks running iSpyServer and MediaPortal (with the iSPy plugin amongst others), these send to a single home automation server running HomeSeer and the iSpy program (which the room netbooks point to).

In less than three days of fiddling and trying things out, it all works beautifully.

So well, in fact, I just made a donation. (If you want/need internet access then there is a subscription but it is not essential and I don't need it.)

Really, really shows off MediaPortal as THE front end to everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom