IP/Web Camera Plugin (2 Viewers)

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I played with zoneminder a bit and wrote a simple java script to send a udp broadcast out over the network when motion was detected. This broadcast was received on the client side via a plugin which then brought up the vlc stream.

That was a couple of years ago and have lost all the code since then, but it is another way to do it.

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Just found some source code to do motion detection on a live source, this code can be adapted to be used in a plugin and popup a PiP in MP.
    If someone is interested, I could try and build something you can test with.

Bear in mind that I don't have a lot of spare time the next weeks, so it could take a while to get something usefull.

In case anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to come up with ideas, options, features, etc.

Cheers.

PS. The reason I am willing to look into this is that I'm planning to install a camera in the near future, so it would come in handy for myself also.:)

kleiner8

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just found some source code to do motion detection on a live source, this code can be adapted to be used in a plugin and popup a PiP in MP.
    If someone is interested, I could try and build something you can test with.

Bear in mind that I don't have a lot of spare time the next weeks, so it could take a while to get something usefull.

In case anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to come up with ideas, options, features, etc.

Cheers.

PS. The reason I am willing to look into this is that I'm planning to install a camera in the near future, so it would come in handy for myself also.:)

Hi fripsy,

yes, im interested in that you program a plugin. I have 2 IP cameras (front door and Carport). If i can test something i'll give my best to support you.

By by

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, I'll go ahead with this then.

Features I'd like to implement:
    - multiple camera support
    - JPEG + MJPEG support
    - option to record on motion

I wonder what the possible actions should be if the PiP is showing... perhaps to be able to cancel a recording if it's a false alarm.
    Switch to fullscreen...
    That's about all I can think of right now...

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, I'll go ahead with this then.

Features I'd like to implement:
    - multiple camera support
    - JPEG + MJPEG support
    - option to record on motion

I wonder what the possible actions should be if the PiP is showing... perhaps to be able to cancel a recording if it's a false alarm.
    Switch to fullscreen...
    That's about all I can think of right now...

I did make a start on this, you can have the code if you want. I was up to the motion senser part.

Attachments

• C__Webcam_161075762003.7z
      1.6 MB

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This has been brought up as a request before and I remember as it's something I'd really like.... Motion at the front door and a little Picture in Picture box shows up letting me see who's there....

However as far as I know Picture in Picture is not possible in MP 1.x although it will be something that will be possible with MP 2.x

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I remember....

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    This has been brought up as a request before and I remember as it's something I'd really like.... Motion at the front door and a little Picture in Picture box shows up letting me see who's there....

However as far as I know Picture in Picture is not possible in MP 1.x although it will be something that will be possible with MP 2.x

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I remember....

Indeed, PiP is not possible in MP1.x using the internal video, but there is a way around by using WMP, VLC, DirectX... It is not easy to do but it is possible.
    As I mentioned before, I started working on a "live" PiP a while ago, where you can watch 2 live tv channels at the same time, 1 fullscreen, the other PiP.
    Displaying the PiP was the easy part, the logic to tune a second channel was more complicated. The only thing I'm worrying about is using the remote control once the PiP is displayed. That's how far I got before leaving on my trip.

So the only thing I need to do is to try to remember how I got the PiP working, as I don't have that source code with me... and then figure out how to link the actions to the remote control...

Cheers.

kleiner8

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ fripsy

Thanks in advance for your engagement. Hopefully we will have a plugin in future to watch our IP cams. May be on MP 2.x

Greetings

kleiner

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't intend to wait for MP 2.x, I'm already coding the configuration screen...
    Sadly I don't have a lot of spare time for the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom