iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Result: 403 (instead of MYSERVER my actual domainname is listed, but I'd rather not get that all to freely on the internet. Anyway: I've double checked to see if it's spelled correctly)

Everything else om my server is working fine, for what it's worth. (wordpress, ampache, utorrent webui) But why not ipimp?

bhengeveld - 403 is forbidden so something's not right with your permissions. Can you send me your full httpd.conf. Also what is the sub-status of the 403 error? (e.g. 403.2?)

Hi Cheezey

According to your post if my DB is populated:
I assume that the DB for Musik and ? is located:
C:\Program Files\iPiMP\aspx\App_Data\uWiMP.db.
Access to the DB is working as I can add users but when I import music (which is a effort of less than a second?! and I don’t see a process in task-manager) the size of the DB is still 12k. So maybe the import does not work (note that I have more than 30k songs).

Is there a possibility to check this import or look into the DB?

Greetings
Peter

gustavson - That DB stores iPiMP user and MediaPortal client details only, its used when you login to iPiMP or try to connect to one of your clients. The Music DB I was referring to to is the native MediaPortal MusicDatabaseV11.db3. You need to populate this database by running a scan on your music from the MediaPortal client configuration app. That will scan your music and populate the DB it relies on your music being correctly tagged also.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Cheezey

Ok, thought you created an own trimmed down DB to reduce the traffic to the Iphone. My MP DB is OK and well tagged. Music files are located at a server acting as NAS.
Can the NAS cause trouble?
Anyhow, I will install MP and IPIMP on a new PC with locally stored music and report results.

Thanks for trying to help
Peter
P.s. what’s about vlc4iphone for TV streaming

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Cheezey

Ok, thought you created an own trimmed down DB to reduce the traffic to the Iphone. My MP DB is OK and well tagged. Music files are located at a server acting as NAS.
Can the NAS cause trouble?
Anyhow, I will install MP and IPIMP on a new PC with locally stored music and report results.

Thanks for trying to help
Peter

I wouldn't expect NAS to be an issue, if you can see music in the MediaPortal client then you should be able to see it in iPiMP as I use the MediaPortal MyMusic APIs to access music.

Can you send some more logs, this time set your Log level in MP to debug, Launch MP, try and access your music from iPiMP then send the logs.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Cheezey

as requested the log :D

greetings
Peter

Attachments

• tmp_HTPC.rar
    30.6 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Cheezey

as requested the log :D

greetings
Peter

I can see the client plugin satrting and stopping but not receiving any input. Did you try to access the client through the iPiMP app when this log was running? If so are there any firewalls in the way? If not have you set the port in the iPiMP application when you added the client?

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezey
Did try to access MP with Ipimp on the same PC to avoid firewall blocking (got the same result with disabled firewall)
Port 55667 is enabled in M ClientController.
As mentioned will try to install on new PC and local music files.

br
Peter

DonPat2007

Portal Member
April 20, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

If you could add support for the last.fm plugin that would be really cool. Would be very nice to control it, without having the plasma on and by using the keyboard on the iphone instead of the virtual keyboard of mediaportal and the remote control.

MountFestuvious

December 15, 2009
Home Country
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezy, thanks heaps for the awesome plugin. I'm running 4.1.0 just updated from 4.0.1. Everything was working perfectly until i went into iPiMP Settings and changed the Recording Sort Order and applied it. Now i have nothing but Admin and About on the home screen and i get the below error when i attempt to go into iPiMP Settings.

Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)

Running Win7 X64 and MediaPortal 1.0.2.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezy,

Took a new PC (W7 32B) and installed MP and IPIMP. No additional plug-ins, default sort order, music files on NAS.

Works!!
Great!! :D

Q: do you know processes or settings which can cause the discussed behavior like Adavare, Antispy, or DVBViewer Web Interface (configured to port 8080)

Greetings
Peter
And: what’s about vlc4iphone for TV streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom