iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezy
Me again. :D
Using process explorer you see MP listening to 55667 (plug in disabled, MP does not listen at this port). Using Telnet you see that MP is establishing a connection, nice.
Looking at httpd.exe during I connect to IPIMP you see all activities and the remote address of the connected PC or IPod. But on MP there are no activities observable, 55667 keeps listening. (on my workimg W7 PC I get a Close_Wait at MP 55667)
Seems that Apache (IPIMP) has a problem to connect to MP.

Greetings
Peter

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezy
Me again. :D
Using process explorer you see MP listening to 55667 (plug in disabled, MP does not listen at this port). Using Telnet you see that MP is establishing a connection, nice.
Looking at httpd.exe during I connect to IPIMP you see all activities and the remote address of the connected PC or IPod. But on MP there are no activities observable, 55667 keeps listening. (on my workimg W7 PC I get a Close_Wait at MP 55667)
Seems that Apache (IPIMP) has a problem to connect to MP.

Greetings
Peter

Can you send me your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\App_Data\uWiMP.DB

Castellaneta

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Roma
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

Now when I select a channel from the list for the guide I get this: (attached)
What do you think? About:confused:

Luca

You're using the wrong version of iPiMP. There is a version for MP 1.0.2 and a version for MP 1.1 BETA. Uninstall & reinstall the correct version.

Cheezey.....
I'm using MP 1.1 with iPiMP 4.1.0.413 for MP 1.1 ....
MMM I do not understand why :confused::confused:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.0.2

Cheezey.....
I'm using MP 1.1 with iPiMP 4.1.0.413 for MP 1.1 ....
MMM I do not understand why :confused::confused:

Castellaneta - Can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezy,

here it is,
Located at : C:\Programme\iPiMP\Aspx\App_Data

Greetings,
Peter

Attachments

• uWiMP.rar
    30.6 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezy,

here it is,
Located at : C:\Programme\iPiMP\Aspx\App_Data

Greetings,
Peter

You have 2 entries in your database pointing to the same client (192.168.1.149) one with port 80 and one with port 55660.

You should remove the one with port 80 and change the other entry's port to 55667 to match the port configured on your client.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Funny!

I remember:
In the first entry I kept the port in the setup-field blank, assuming that the entry will be automatically 55667 (as documented). The 2nd entry was an attempt to change the port to 55660 assuming that the 55667 port was blocked.

Will change in the evening
Peter

Maybe due to autocomplete?

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

IT WORKS :p
THANKS Cheezey

so my proposal is to fill in the 55667

br
Peter

skyjunky

Portal Member
July 28, 2006
iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi Cheezey,

I am momentarily something like iPIMP-Junky. Allways playing with it when I am at home. I love it. After a hurtful configuration and several days of testing I am shure, iPIMP 4.1 is almost stable on my Motorola Android 2.0 and MP 1.0.2.0 and could be used also by my wife because iPIMP has a good WAF.

But the search of TV-Programs, one of the most important features next to Music, is not working the way I am expecting. I found out, that if I use the Genre "Alles" (All in English) together with a search string for e.g. a movie, nothing was found. If I use a differen genre like cooking, all cooking-soaps are found.
If I check genres in the MP-Search within the TV-Section for "Alles", there is nothing. But there is a blank line. I use MP with english language.

I am happy to hear from you.

Beste Regards

Skyjunky

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

IT WORKS :p
THANKS Cheezey

so my proposal is to fill in the 5566

br
Peter

gustavson
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Woo Hoo!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Cheezey,

I am momentarily something like iPIMP-Junky. Allways playing with it when I am at home. I love it. After a hurtful configuration and several days of testing I am shure, iPIMP 4.1 is almost stable on my Motorola Android 2.0 and MP 1.0.2.0 and could be used also by my wife because iPIMP has a good WAF.

But the search of TV-Programs, one of the most important features next to Music, is not working the way I am expecting. I found out, that if I use the Genre "Alles" (All in English) together with a search string for e.g. a movie, nothing was found. If I use a differen genre like cooking, all cooking-soaps are found.
If I check genres in the MP-Search within the TV-Section for "Alles", there is nothing. But there is a blank line. I use MP with english language.

I am happy to hear from you.

Beste Regards

Skyjunky

skyjunky - The issue is iPiMP is running in the language of your iPhone and you're using English MP. You can force iPiMP to run in English by deleting the iPiMP translation file appropriate for your language.

The files are stored in C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\App_GlobalResources look for the one that's specific to language, for example if you are Swedish then delete the uWiMPStrings.sv.resx file

The languages are:

da - Danish
de - German
en-GB - Great Britain
fo - Faroese (although that's still all in english at the mo)
fr - French
it - Italian (although that's still all in english at the mo)
nl - Dutch
no - Norwegian
sv - Swedish

Do not delete uWiMPStrings.resx - that is the default file which is used if a translated string cannot be found.

The en-GB file is exactly the same as default but without it you get date formats of mm/dd/yy instead of dd/mm/yy that us Anglo-Saxons like :)

Let me know if this resolves your problem, if it does I'll add this post to the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom