iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
OK Cheesy here's my mp log file (there was no error.log

A quick look by me and it appears to send something but it's not being recieved - same when I use my other computer

Would it have anything to do with file permissions for the folders etc... they seem OK to me for sharing over the network so I assume they are OK for iPiMP

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry for the stupid question, but I am new to this. I gather this doesn't work on a symbian phone (Nokia 5800)? I would love to be able to schedule recordings from my phone.

I read that the Nokia 5800's browser is WebKit based so iPiMP will probably work. Have a go and report back. :)

Hi Cheezey,

It turned out to be very easy. I followed the guide and after a tv server reboot, everything worked as stated in the manual. Kudos!

Off course, now I'm working with it inside my house. Is it also possible to use it while you are on the road somewhere and want to schedule a recording for instance? If so, what would I need to do? I'm not much of a network wizzard I'm afraid....

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK Cheesy here's my mp log file (there was no error.log

A quick look by me and it appears to send something but it's not being recieved - same when I use my other computer

Would it have anything to do with file permissions for the folders etc... they seem OK to me for sharing over the network so I assume they are OK for iPiMP

Feriso - does anything on the remote side work? e.g. remote control (up/down etc.), are your music & video databases populated?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I am new to this. I gather this doesn't work on a symbian phone (Nokia 5800)? I would love to be able to schedule recordings from my phone.

I read that the Nokia 5800's browser is WebKit based so iPiMP will probably work. Have a go and report back. :)

Hi Cheezey,

It turned out to be very easy. I followed the guide and after a tv server reboot, everything worked as stated in the manual. Kudos!

Off course, now I'm working with it inside my house. Is it also possible to use it while you are on the road somewhere and want to schedule a recording for instance? If so, what would I need to do? I'm not much of a network wizzard I'm afraid....

henk99 - Thanks for trying and posting success!!

I have added a few details on using iPiMP over the internet to the Tips & Tricks section of the iPiMP wiki, have a look at that and see if it helps.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
is a new release needed for MP 1.0.2? I cant install the current version

Haven't tried it yet, the installer checks that 1.0.1 is installed - I guess it should have checked for that as a minimum version but I've made it check it as an absolute version. To work round the install check change the following two registry keys to '1'

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal TV Server\VersionRevision
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal\VersionRevision

or on 64bit

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal TV Server\VersionRevision
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal\VersionRevision

iPiMP should then install and you can change the keys back to '2'

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
Hi Cheezey, thanks for the great plugin, works great except for the fact that I am using ForTheRecord so cannot see any schedules etc :(

Any news on the progress of integrating this? I cannot wait :)

:D

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Hi Cheezey, thanks for the great plugin, works great except for the fact that I am using ForTheRecord so cannot see any schedules etc :(

Any news on the progress of integrating this? I cannot wait :)

:D

I had a quick look after 3.4.0 and it's a fairly big piece of work which I haven't had time to do. I don't use 4TR which probably doesn't help. :sorry:

My plans are to release 3.5.0 soon with a few new features then take a step back from new functionality and re-write iPiMP to make it more generic and supportable. I'll be open sourcing it then so hopefully others can contribute, perhaps with 4TR support, desktop browser version etc.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for this great plugin. Im only using the remote control part of it for the time being as Im using 4tr.... But no issue as 4TR has its own web scheduler which I can access. Just wanted to control the music from outside on my palm.

For anyone who wants to use it on a palm as well. Ive managed to get it to work by...

Download Opera Mini for your palm
Install that and the IBM Websphere Everyplace micro JVM 5.7.2 and set up that and opera mini

Head to Dynamic DNS, assign youself a address there and send it towards your MP machine. Make sure you can access the Ipimp interface from that DynDNS address. send your palm there.

Throw in your username and password, and click around in the top right corner until it starts loading. Dont know why but the login button doesnt show up (Any ideas cheezey??).

Once there youre set to go.

**REQUEST BELOW**

Anyway. The only gripe im having with it is that doing this way and using the remote control response is quite slow. Which isnt a big issue, except the page reloads everytime and because the palm doesnt have the storage to cache the images every button press requires a slow reload (a real pain when changing volume).

Is there any chance you could set the target of the button press to a very small (read invisible) frame so that the whole page doesnt have to reload on button presses.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
3.5.0 released

Updates include:

• MediaPortal client plugin - Added Now Playing screen
  • MediaPortal client plugin - My Music can now enqueue tracks & albums
  • MediaPortal client plugin - Now jumps to client if only one is added
  • Installer - fixed MP version checks

The Now Playing screen shows if a client is playing watching a video, tv program, recorded program or listening to music or a radio program (although I haven't tested it with a radio stream). It will display either the album art, video cover or channel logo if it can find one. Sub menus are also shown which are specific to the media being played.

This will be the final version of iPiMP on this codebase. I now intend to re-write it to make it more manageable as it's a bit of a mess. The new code base will include all current iPiMP features and will hopefully make it easier to extend and interact with. I will be including support for multiple languages in the re-write.

As always, here's a few screenshots.

Download here.

Have fun....

Attachments

• IMG_0026.PNG
    IMG_0026.PNG
    35 KB
  • IMG_0027.PNG
    IMG_0027.PNG
    22.5 KB
  • IMG_0028.PNG
    IMG_0028.PNG