iPhone Live TV Streaming (1 Viewer)

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
There is one other option you might be able to use.

With FFMpeg, MEncoder (and most others) I think I remember reading you can set the duration of the output file. If you take the video stream and pass it like you would to another transcoder (after it has been transcoded) and do a straight stream copy with the length set for 10 seconds say. It should read the data passed to it then close the process off in some manner when it is done.

If that is the case you only need to monitor for when the encoder closes then start a new instance and pass the next block of data to it.

That way you should get each file containing 10 seconds of media.

Well that was one plan I had in mind.

If that fixes the segmenting problem then there is still one other issue to consider. Both Gemx and my plugins end the tuner once the user has disconnected (which will happen at the end of each segment). I have an idea in mind how to fix it for both plugins but never got around to testing the theory.

If I find some time over Christmas I might give it a shot. Hope that idea helps.

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
March 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well it looks like there is some missunderstanding...

there are at the moment only orb and the solution from elgato for their EyeTV streaming Live-TV to the iphone.

For watching just a video as stream tversity or orb are cool solutions. I tested tversety and it works like a charm for mp4, mp3 and if you have a powerfull "server" the encoding of a dvd or AVI just takes some minutes

so for real Live-TV on the iphone we should see how orb and elgato are working ..

regards robertino

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Some work in this area is also going on in dvbviewer: IPhone/IPod touch support

In the german thread it is claimed that livestreaming is working (IPhone Support gewünscht?) with the "segmenter on windows", but I am no programer, so I do not know whether this helps in any way.

cheezey probably anyway knows all this already ;-)

I had missed that post. I've contacted the post owner and asked for a copy of his ported segmenter, fingers crossed.

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
great news, i just tested the plugin with dvbviewer... its working without problems here :)

so i hope this is ported to ipimp soon. thanks!

nicx...

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
Just installed iPiMP Setup 5.0.0.551 MP 1.0.2.exe. On the website, it's saying "Stream live TV" in current features. Is it supposed to work now?
When I clicked on the play button on my iPhone the black player flashed up and went back to the page with the 2 buttons.
When I ran it on firefox of my laptop it showed:
Not Found
The requested URL /SmoothStream/live.m3u8 was not found on this server.

Any idea?

thanks
Phuoc

rhartinger

Portal Pro
May 28, 2008
I have on my touch sme problems. After a restart of the Mediapc it works. But when I change the channel I have the problem again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom