iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i've just installed ipimp, and it seems to work awesome on my ipad, which is my main usage for it :D not sure if there is an ipad specific layout for it?

but i am also trying to use the desktop version of the site, and i keep getting the error i saw earlier in this thread:

Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!
Gentle is unable to continue!

The handlers emitted the following error messages:
Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config".

Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config.
This usually means that the file could not be found in any of the default search locations.

The handlers threw the following exceptions:
Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: No configuration file could be located.
  at Gentle.Common.FileHandler..ctor(String file)
  at Gentle.Common.Configurator.AddFileHandler(String configStoreName, String fileName)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Gentle.Common.GentleException: FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!

Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config".

This usually means that the file could not be found in any of the default search locations.

at Gentle.Common.Configurator.AddFileHandler(String configStoreName, String fileName)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[GentleException: FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!

]
   Gentle.Common.Configurator.InitializeHandlers() +398
   Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(String configStoreName, Object instance) +39
   Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(Object instance) +9
   Gentle.Framework.ProviderRegistry..ctor() +48
   Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory..cctor() +105

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception.]
   Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory.GetProvider(Type type) +0
   Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator) +74
   Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(StatementType stmtType, Type type) +14
   TvDatabase.ChannelGroup.ListAll() +39
   Website.uWiMP.TVServer.ChannelGroups.GetFirstChannelGroupName() in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\Code\TVServer\ChannelGroups.vb:51
   Website._DesktopDefault.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\Desktop\Default.aspx.vb:60
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614

any idea how to fix this? or what the problem is? thanks!!

cnova80

Portal Member
January 22, 2008
AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hello,

first, thxs for the Plugin... I love it... but small problem:

When I start streaming a recording... the recording starts not at the beginning, but around 7 minutes later. So I lose the first minutes of the recording.

When I watch the transcoded video on TV, the recording is complete...

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thx

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi,

You can edit config file, the recording section contains a ffmpeg parameter to shift the starting point of the source input about 300 sec.

Regards,
    Olli

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi.
    As I'm on Android I never used iPiMP at all. But for general, all plugins working with 1.2 Beta should work on 1.2 RC also.

mystraven

Portal Member
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,
    I just started using this and i had a question.

Is the desktop site designed to work without a tvserver installation? Can i control mediaportal on the desktop site the same way i can via the iphone site?

The reason i ask is i am unable to get the desktop site to work. I get an error as follows:

FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!

Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config".

A few pages back someone had a similar error and the fix was to restart the service. I have tried this and it didn't fix the problem for me. What i'm looking for is the ability to control whats displayed on my tv from my laptop, like i am with the phone version of the site. I am currently not interested in streaming.

DetrieZ

Portal Member
    June 11, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MP 1.2
    iPiMP 5.20
    Windows 7 Pro SP 1 (64-bit)
    8gb RAM
    Hauppauge HD PVR (model 1212)
    2.5tb Storage

The iPiMP Remote feature works great.
    (from my networked PC or iPhone) I can launch a "Moving Pictures" video and it plays on my MP TV. Once I click "Now Playing" in iPiMP, MediaPortal crashes.

I have attached logs as outlined on the wiki / troubleshooting site and realized I do not have a Gentle.config file.. Although I don't know what that means, if anything.

a side unrelated question.. I have seen posts which include a complete inventory of the poster's configuration. Can anyone tell me how that's done?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Just for information. iPiMP 5.2.0 works with MP 1.2.0 RC1. But iPiMP does not work (well) with Blackberry OS5.

freddano

Portal Member
    February 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Thanks for the great plugin. It does work great for me on my PC and my Android phone except for two issues. The search function (under TV program) does not work for me. It always returns "no results". The search in the desktop site is working though. Unfortunately selecting programs from the desktop site for recording sometimes result in multiple recording entries for the same program. I don't know how to reproduce it yet. Maybe this is a known bug and I've just missed it !?

I too have the same problems with searching. I can only search using the desktop-site and even then I can only search for one (1) word. For instance, if I search for "hour" (a brittish tv-series that's being broadcast right now in sweden) iPimp delivers all the results that are in the database for "the hour." But if I search for "the hour" it just gives a rolling bar.

If I search for either "the hour" or "hour" in the iPhone-interface it just shows "Nothing found."

The apache-logs shows nothing of interest. I could of course send them to you, if you'd like.

Might it have something to do with the localization of iPimp? It defaults to show it self in swedish. Is there anyway I can turn off the swedish localization and force it to use the english pages to test?

An excellent plugin, if these 'quirks' get sorted out. It is still very useful, though. But a working search function would make it a real killer.

:D

Hate to reply to myself, but my hunch was right. I set the default language in the browser to be brittish english, and sure enough, the search function in the iPhone-interface worked flawlessly. :D

Update ten minutes later:

The desktop-site can still only search for one word at a time. But I've read this thread and I realize that the desktop-site is alpha- or beta quality. The webkit-interface is what i really want anyway. It works perfectly on my Nokia N8 with symbian Anna installed. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom