iPiMP cannot connect to Mediaportal client and streaming only works on iOS4 (1 Viewer)

rogerk

Portal Member
December 3, 2010
Hi,

I just installed iPiMP on my mediaportal server, it looks great. I have mediaportal and client installed on the same computer. I followed the instructions to add the Mediaportal client in Administration page, however, when I click the "Mediaport client" menu from Home screen and pick up the client I created on my iphone, it just report "Could not connect".

I did install the plug-in and I double checked it from MediaPortal client configration. It is there and the port is the default one. I also kept MediaPortal client running when I connect from iphone.

After install, I did run the netsh command line to create the ACL, and I verified the ACL from netsh and it created no problem.

So, I run out of my idea on troubleshooting and i would really appreciate if someone could shed a light to me on this issue.

Another issue I had is that the streaming only works on my iPod Touch 4 (running iOS4), but it does not work on my iPhone 3GS(in iOS 3 still). When I click the start button to start the streaming, all I got is some text in the browser window. I suspect it has something to do with the new iOS4?

Thanks..

SimonInd

Portal Member
December 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having a slightly different problem, I've upgraded from 5.0.0 and can no longer control the clients. The TV Server bit is working fine, even live streaming, but the connection out to the clients, even on the same box as the server, just times out. The clients are registering themselves with iPimp so I'm not adding them by hand and I've left the communication to the default ports.
Anything else to try or is it log time?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I'm having a slightly different problem, I've upgraded from 5.0.0 and can no longer control the clients. The TV Server bit is working fine, even live streaming, but the connection out to the clients, even on the same box as the server, just times out. The clients are registering themselves with iPimp so I'm not adding them by hand and I've left the communication to the default ports.
Anything else to try or is it log time?

It's log time.
Posted via Mobile Device

rogerk

Portal Member
December 3, 2010
Please read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

Why not upgrade your 3GS to iOS4?

Thanks for you reply. I have got this problem sorted. The mediaportal somehow has to be in fullscreen mode in order to listen to port 56678. I used to run it in window mode so that I could have some desktop space to tweak the settings and etc, but after I switched it to full screen mode, iPiMP could connect to client without any problem.

Regarding iOS4, I do not really like it, especially that "multi-tasking" thing. Probably I will stay with iOS3 for a while, but anyway, the streaming works perfect on iOS4, so just curious to know if the iPhone has to be iOS4 to use it.

Another thing is, is it possible to add a "Watch on TV" button in TV guide page after I pick up the channel I want to watch? Currently, there are two options "Stream" and "Record". However, if I want to watch this channel on TV, I still have to use MCE remote, navigate on TV screen and find the channel I want to watch. How about add a new button "Watch on TV" and once it is clicked, MediaPortal client just go straight to this channel on TV?

Cheers,
Roger

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Another thing is, is it possible to add a "Watch on TV" button in TV guide page after I pick up the channel I want to watch? Currently, there are two options "Stream" and "Record". However, if I want to watch this channel on TV, I still have to use MCE remote, navigate on TV screen and find the channel I want to watch. How about add a new button "Watch on TV" and once it is clicked, MediaPortal client just go straight to this channel on TV?

This is on the to do list.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im using iphone 3gs with firmware 3.1.3 (7E18)

tv streaming over wifi is fine but over internet it drops back to audio..im assuming its due to my upload speed from my home pc (about 1Mbit) or my phone reception..some settings with handbrake /shrug i cant figure it out

accessing the EPG for scheduling and the remote control work over wifi and internet...hehe i freaked out my brother by posting a message on the screen when i was at work and he was watching tv..lol

the key here is u need to open MP client config and change the port in MPControlClient app (down the bottom) to 55667

if u want internet access then open a public port on your router and point it to you private port 80

i made a thread about router settings for internet access:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ipimp-518/router-settings-internet-access-84494/

brmm0016

December 20, 2010
    I have a similar problem.
    I use a Desire and when i start the MediaPortal from WHS with admin rights, all works perfect (thanks, i love it),
    but when i start the MediaPortal on WHS as standard user i have from Desire only access to the MP Server (with stream), when i try to connet to "MediaPortal clients" i get a error message "cant connect".
    I gave the standard user admin rights for the iPiMP Folder and all the TeamMediaPortal folder (included ....\Document and Settings\All User). Whats wrong bzw. what folder/file has not enough rights?

iPiMP vers. 5.1.0
    MP vers. 1.1.0
    WHS (Server2003)

Thanks
    Meiki

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I have a similar problem.
    I use a Desire and when i start the MediaPortal from WHS with admin rights, all works perfect (thanks, i love it),
    but when i start the MediaPortal on WHS as standard user i have from Desire only access to the MP Server (with stream), when i try to connet to "MediaPortal clients" i get a error message "cant connect".
    I gave the standard user admin rights for the iPiMP Folder and all the TeamMediaPortal folder (included ....\Document and Settings\All User). Whats wrong bzw. what folder/file has not enough rights?

iPiMP vers. 5.1.0
    MP vers. 1.1.0
    WHS (Server2003)

Thanks
    Meiki

Have you done this?

brmm0016

December 20, 2010
    Now its all OK. Thank you very much.

I´v done this, but i forgot to do a reboot. At the next reboot all was working perfekt.

But one or two think i cant find. Under TVSerien ->Serien-> i get !! FUBAR !!
    and under Moving Pictures -> Alle Filme i get also !! FUBAR !!
    This is what i tried https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ipimp-518/ipimp-5-1-0-issues-fixes-89371/#post679169
    Is there a other solution?
    And under My Musik it dosent show me all my musik, i type on update musikdatenbank, but only a little bit more now showing.
    How long dos it take to update all my musik, and must i stay in this folder to update the datenbank, or can i log off?

thx
    Meiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom