IpimpProfiler for Streaming to Symbian, Android or other Clients (1 Viewer)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: IpimpProfiler for Streaming to Symbian, Android or other Clients

Hi huah or somebody else who can help me:

I tried some changes on the profile.xml for my android 1.6 device, but cant get live tv to work on it. With the nokia 5800 profile i get sound but no video, and with the 1&1 profile the device cant play the video...

This streaming key chain i have used with vlc , i get video and sound when streaming a video file :

#duplicate{dst="transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=192,fps=20,venc=x264{profile=baseline,keyint=50,bframes=0,no-cabac,ref=1,vbv-maxrate=192,vbv-bufsize=128,aq-mode=0,no-mbtree,partitions=none,no-weightb,weightp=0,me=dia,subme=0,no-mixed-refs,no-8x8dct,trellis=0,level1.3},vfilter=canvas{width=266,height=160,aspect=266:160,padd}soverlay,acodec=mp4a,ab=64,channels=1,samplerate=44100,audio-sync}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://0.0.0.0:5554/stream.sdp,caching=2000}"}

Would be nice if somebody could help me getting with that a working profile.xml for ipimprofiler.

Thanks and good night.

cubii

jeng

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
From huha's post,

"I have not done internet streaming yet, only local network. If someone is getting this running please post a howto"

I'm working on it...
The only problem that i have is that my player loads the stream over xxxx.dyndns.org and then stops at 98%.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
cubii,
I am afraid i cannot help much with your device for your profile.ipimp. There is a lot of try and error. In general i was trying to get audio streaming first to work. Next i tried video encoding. Afterwards i was doing the videostreaming. My devices had both a 500MHz processor. If you have a slower processor you can try to reduce audio and video bitrate (VB, AB). I had sometimes WLAN issues, when adjacent WLAN nets were operated on the same channel. I was trying to change the encoding settings,but got inconsistent results. After I changed my WLAN channel it was working great.

jeng, this is looking very promising. please post the procedure and which ports you have enabled at your router. You can try audio streaming first and see if it is working.

Good luck to both of you, huha

jeng

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
huha,

I got it working over Wan now!

But i need some changes in your IpimpProfiler code.

At the moment the <ACTIVE_JAVA>C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Utilities\IpimpProfiler\ProfilerClient.js</ACTIVE_JAVA> is not used,
but it reads C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\iPhone\Scripts\ProfilerClient.js
maybe a config prob??

What we need is to change the ip in ProfileClient.js, it would be nice to have a config entry so that we can switch to a diffrent ProfileClient.js

Example:
Local Lan:
Profile LocalLan1und1Smartpad.ipimp use LocalLanProfileClient.js
code:
function LocalLanProfilerClient() {
window.location.href="rtsp://192.168.1.110:8554/mystream.sdp";
return true;
}

Wan (iNet):
Profile Wan1und1Smartpad.ipimp use WanProfileClient.js
code:
function WanProfilerClient() {
window.location.href="rtsp://xxxx.dyndns.org:8554/mystream.sdp";
return true;
}

These changes would simplify the configuration for LiveTV over the internet.
I am also working on the howto.

:sorry: for my engish,

cubii,

can you try this,

--sout="#transcode{soverlay,ab=64,channels=1,acodec=mp4a,vcodec=h264,width=320,fps=25,vb=400,venc=x264 {profile=baseline,level=1.3,no-cabac,subme=20,threads=4,bframes=0,min-keyint=1,keyint=50}}:rtp{mp4a-latm,sdp=rtsp://x.x.x.x:5554/mystream.sdp}"

I have a sony ericsson X10 mini Pro Android 2.1 and it works with these settings.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
jeng,
this is great news. I am interested to see how you did set up your router and which ports had to be enabled.
When you select an active profile, the actual java file from youtr profile is copied over to C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\iPhone\Scripts\ProfilerClient.js.
So you should have there the right .js file. Í will include a global variable WANIP for the next version which can then be used in the profiles.

By the way, I am working right now on an automated install process. I am struggling a little bit with windows UAC control, but think that will be resolved soon.

jeng

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
Hi,

Here the howto for LiveTV over Wan.

1. Create a dynamic dns name xxx.dyndns.org and download the update client.
2. Setup your MediaPortal server to a static ip. ex: 192.168.1.110
3. Connect to your router and forward your port to your MP server.
Ex:
PortForwarding.jpg

Now edit the file C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\iPhone\Scripts\ProfilerClient.js to access the dynamic dns name.
Ex:
function ProfilerClient() {
window.location.href="rtsp://xxxx.dyndns.org:8554/mystream.sdp";
return true;
}

Save it and you're done.

But attention!! This configuration works only over wan and is not accessible in local lan.
So you need to connect over 3g to test it.

thermionic

Portal Member
March 26, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you have a public domain registered, then you could have a CNAME pointing to your dyndns entry for external resolution, and if you also have a copy of the zone on an internal dns server, this could also be a CNAME pointing at the internal host name.

This might get around the issue of it only being usable from the WAN...

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
jeng, thanks a lot for posting your router setting. Alternatively i could create a new java file for the next release using
window.location.href="rtsp://%WANIP%:%PORT%/mystream.sdp";
Does the port number have to be 8554 or can it be any port being set up in the router?

thermionic, can you post a short guide on how to use the CNAME and how to set it up? This would be great if we could use the same profile for both, local lan and wan

jeng

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
huha,

The port can also be configurable, because it can be any other port.
It depends on the system configuration.

A CNAME pointing would be nice but i doe not have the knowhow.
Maybe thermionic can help us with that.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Version 0.0.0.2beta released on 10.Dec.2010

I have released 0.0.0.2 with the following changes:

V0.0.0.2 released on 10.Dec2010
- automated installer added
- profiler setup added for user friendly checking and adding of global variables (do not change ALLUSERSPROFILE from the default!
- automatically activate profile if identical to username after login
- add profile/command information at execution
- mp name extension for mp4 encoding if defined by <MP4>nokia.mp4</MP4> in the profile to enable different file names for different transcoding settings. This is not working yet for the TV server transcoding plugin (will come next)
It ensures that for downloading a movie the correct mp4 file will be uploaded. Check my example profiles for the syntax

Please note that folders have been changed and profiles, commands and clientfiles are now in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\IpimpProfiler
You need to update your custom created profiles, commands or clientfiles for the new path. This was needed to get access
rights correct for autostart of profiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom