IpimpProfiler for Streaming to Symbian, Android or other Clients (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
from the log file i see that you have not activated a profile. You need to go to administration->profiles&commands and then select an active profile first. you need to do that only once.
I would try the nokia profile, but do not know if the codecs will work for your OS. after you have selected an active profile try streaming again and post the log file.

patarock2

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
I ´m afraid that i did select a profile, that´s the reason I know that when i press the play button it links me to a rtsp linnk wrong (and also I know that I´ve selected a profile because I dind´t see the origninal link where you see the flash and silverligh icons to stream with this app)

In that case I selected the pad profile, but as you suggest me I´ve changed to nokia profile (when it worked to me I don´t remenber which profile i choose) but the log file is the same. ( I´m still dont know if the txt file I atached you is the log file that you are taling about)

I checked that the profile is correctly selected by cheking the activeprofile.txt ( in this case was nokia5800 after I´ve changed)

But the txt file is exactly the same as before.

:mad::mad::mad:

Any Idea??

:D:D

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
The log file should have some lines after
11:23:42.8460: Successfully started
like 10:07:57.6326: sleeptimer BUSY=False
which are generated every 15s. When you select a profile you should see this in the log.
The name of the file should be IpimpProfiler.log

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
V0.0.0.3beta released on 08.jan.2011

I have released V0.0.0.3 released on 08.jan.2011 with the following features:

- bugfix on user rights with active java file
- support for creating command files with any VLC input streamings like Webcam, playlist or DVD. Any other input format for VLC can be used for audio or video streaming. Please see the new command file examples in C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\Commandfiles
- profiler can be used to create different configurations for native iPiMP streaming. Please see the profile C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\Profiles\iPiMP newconfig.ipimp as an example. The entries for <TRANSCODER_LIVETV>, <TRANSCODER_RECORDING>, <TRANSCODER_TVSERIES> and <TRANSCODER_RADIO> must be used out of the file C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\config.xml and the users can modify then the parameters. Please note that instead of &quot; you must use #quot; in the profile.
-profiler can be used to create different encoder settings for native iPiMP encoding. The profile commands <TRANSCODER_TYPE>, <TRANSCODER_PRESET> and <TRANSCODER_CUSTOM> will change the parameters in the iPimp tv server transcoding plugin "iPiMP Transcode To MP4". You can choose for <TRANSCODER_TYPE> either ffmpeg or handbrake, <TRANSCODER_PRESET> for select preset and the <TRANSCODER_CUSTOM> below the preset. If you leave the latter empty, the defined preset will be used for encoding. Please see the profile C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\Profiles\iPiMP newconfig.ipimp as an example.

I will need one or two more releases to get the concept stable and then work on a detailed manual.
Happy New Year to all and Happy Streaming :)
huha

Update:
Before you use the new commands you have to customize the files for your system setup. Open the .ipimp file and adjust the correct path or driver name in the .ipimp profile.
When you install the new version you will see in the setup global varaiables for DVD, playlist or webcam. You can leave them at "none". I was originally thinking to use global variables for that, but hardcoded the paths and device names in the .ipimp profiles directly.

patarock2

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
Huha , there must be something weird on you app, or my pc,:mad::mad:

I uninstalled the v.0.0.2 and installed the v.0.0.3, and it works, but i still havin the problems with the rtsp link and there is no log file. Agggg, it very strange. I works correctly with nokia 5800 but i link manually to the correct rtsp link and the stream it´s there, but no the log file.:mad::mad:

I´m still no re-start after the first re-stard of the pc aftter the installation so I don´t no if the next time it will works.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
patarock2, please post me all file names you have in C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler

open a command window and enter
echo %ALLUSERSPROFILE%
Which name is displayed?

patarock2

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
hERE you have it:

Tree folders:

Clientfiles
Commandfiles
Profiles

And the files:

active_command.ipimp.tmp
active_profile.ipimp
active_profile.ipimp.tmp
activeprofile.txt
IpimpProfiler.log
IpimpProfilerSettings.xml
MP4.txt
netstat.txt
ProfilerClient.js
streamtype.txt

After this and and aftger I´ve changed the folder options to show kowed extenseion I realize tha the Improfiles.txt that I was talking about was actually a .log file. (sorry about the confusion but window show as a text file when you have hideen the knowed extensions here was the confunsion about .txt .log.).

Atached the content of the log file:

02:16:23.0178 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=6
02:16:23.0188 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=7
02:16:23.0198 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=8
02:16:23.0198 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=9
02:16:23.0208 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=10
02:16:23.0218 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=11
02:16:23.0228 IpimpProfilerSetup: Adding row=12
02:16:48.5463 IpimpProfilerSetup: Writing setting file: C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\IpimpProfilerSettings.xml
02:16:48.5493 IpimpProfilerSetup: topnode=LOCATIONS
02:16:48.5493 IpimpProfilerSetup: topnode=GLOBAL_VARIABLES
02:16:51.1874 IpimpProfilerSetup: Writing setting file: C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\IpimpProfilerSettings.xml
02:16:51.1984 IpimpProfilerSetup: topnode=LOCATIONS
02:16:51.1994 IpimpProfilerSetup: topnode=GLOBAL_VARIABLES
02:16:52.1505 IpimpProfilerSetup: Stopping IpimpProfiler

02:16:52.1575 IpimpProfilerSetup: Starting IpimpProfiler

02:16:52.4075: IPIMP_PROFILER_DIR=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler
02:16:52.4225: LONGNAME_SETTINGS_FILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\IpimpProfilerSettings.xml
02:16:52.4225: Reading setting file: C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\IpimpProfilerSettings.xml
02:16:52.4325: IPIMP_CLIENTS_DIR=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\Clientfiles
02:16:52.4325: IPIMP_COMMANDS_DIR=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\Commandfiles
02:16:52.4325: IPIMP_PROFILES_DIR=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\Profiles
02:16:52.4335: IPIMP_ACTIVE_PROFILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\active_profile.ipimp
02:16:52.4345: IPIMP_ACTIVE_JAVA_FILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\ProfilerClient.js
02:16:52.4345: IPIMP_ACTIVE_COMMAND_FILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\active_command.ipimp
02:16:52.4345: IPIMP_ACTION_FILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\IpimpProfilerStartAction.xml
02:16:52.4345: USE_IPIMP_PROFILER_FILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\UseIpimpProfiler.txt
02:16:52.4345: IPIMP_ENCODING_FILE=C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler\IpimpProfilerEncoding.txt
02:16:52.4365: ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
02:16:52.4385: CommandCreated file watcher started
02:16:52.4395: ProFileChanged file watcher started
02:16:52.4405: StreamStart file watcher started
02:16:52.4405: StreamStop file watcher started
02:16:52.4415: Successfully started

:D

Andd... about this:

open a command window and enter
echo %ALLUSERSPROFILE%
Which name is displayed?

Sorry about my informatic knowledges, that´s a ms-dos (cmd) windows or the windows for runind comand lines??

if i type on a ms-dos windows it returns my %ALLUSERPROFILE%

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
patarock2, that makes more sense now. Now do the following:
1) delete IpimpProfiler.log
2) logon to ipimp and select the Nokia profile
3) start streaming any tv channel
4) post the complete IpimpProfiler.log
5) post the Profilerclient.js file in C:\ProgramData\IpimpProfiler
6) what date and time does the file "C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\iPhone\Scripts\ProfilerClient.js" have? Please post this file, too

patarock2

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
Huha
I dont know why, but now everthing is running ok, after my last post i restarted my pc again, and tried you app, and it works fine, BUUUTTTT. ( always thre is but ) as you have just said me in your last post, I have deleted the .log file an flolowed your instructions, ....and after delete the log file and started a streaming ( that worked fine) there wasn´t any log file :(

Here I atached the .js files content

function ProfilerClient() {
window.location.href="rtsp://192.168.0.102:5554/mystream.sdp";
return true;
}

That seens to be correct ( as I just told you it works fine...but there wasn´t log file....weird)

and the date and time of C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\iPhone\Scripts\ProfilerClient.js" is 09/01/2011 13:16

(I guess it´s the time of my las check ( a few minutes ago)

I have tried other thning, as my profile was the nokia one, I tried the pad profile, I just changed anD also IT worked fine, ( but there stilll isn´t log file)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom